Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Multiple crashes while playing JWE on PC

Multiple crashes while playing JWE on PC

Hello,

Today, I have experienced multiple crashes a day while trying to play JWE. Sometimes it would happen at launch, going through the settings menu or while playing the main game. I cannot seem to find the problem as my NVIDIA drivers are up-to-date as well as Windows. I was able to play it for a few hours before I exited it and then tried to re-launch it again, only for it to crash.

Here are the specs of my PC:
    Name: HP-OMEN 870-224
    Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 (3GB)
    RAM: 8GB
    Processor: Intel Core i5-7400

I have the latest NVIDIA driver installed and my Windows install is up-to-date. Any help is appreciated and I can send a DXDIAG if needed.

Thanks.

2. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #2
    Hiya!

You may want to try rolling back the drivers to 398.11. For more information on how to do this, see our guide which can be found here: https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=153

If this does not resolve the issue then I would recommend opening a ticket here: https://support.frontier.co.uk/topic.php

Then we'll be able to help you further with this.

-CMDR Minotaur

Thanks for reaching out. I did some troubleshooting of my own and found that I had changed some settings in MSI Afterburner which was causing the crashes. But now, I am experiencing lag issues when zooming onto buildings (such as the Hammond Creation Lab) and when I am driving a Jeep. The frames drop significantly but the game does not crash.

Should I still roll back the driver as suggested?

-Sierra

4. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #4
    Hey there,

As the game is no longer crashing, I wouldn't recommend rolling back but could you see if the problem persists when you lower the graphics settings?

Originally Posted by Support Vulcan View Post (Source)
    Hey there,

As the game is no longer crashing, I wouldn't recommend rolling back but could you see if the problem persists when you lower the graphics settings?
    I am still experiencing problems with lag when zooming into and out of buildings, driving a Jeep or helicopter, and crashing. It seems to happen randomly, and when I think I've solved the problem, it happens again.

There was an instance where I was adjusting the in-game settings while trying to put it on fullscreen, and when hitting "Apply," the screen would turn blank and then crash shortly thereafter. Currently, Borderless is working.

I am not able to submit a support ticket because when I try to log in, it keeps telling me "Not Authorized." I have also tweaked the settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel as well as clean installing the latest driver for my graphics card through the GeForce Experience software. I have also disabled the Steam Overlay and the overlay in GeForce Experience.

Can someone PM me so I can send a DXDIAG report? I am not sure what else to do.

Originally Posted by Support Vulcan View Post (Source)
    Hey there,

I did also lower the settings to Medium and the problems still persist in-game.

7. This is the last staff post in this thread. #7
    Heya Myriadpro86,
    Sorry that this is still going on, in order to send us a DxDiag I would recommend sending it to us through a support ticket. You can open up a support ticket here: https://support.frontier.co.uk/open.php?topic=239

Originally Posted by Support Unha View Post (Source)
    Heya Myriadpro86,
    Sorry that this is still going on, in order to send us a DxDiag I would recommend sending it to us through a support ticket. You can open up a support ticket here: https://support.frontier.co.uk/open.php?topic=239
    I have submitted a ticket as requested.