Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5891011 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Beyond - Chapter Four Livestreams (08.11.2018) – New Ships

Originally Posted by Bob Lighthouse View Post (Source)
    I am so happy they mentioned jousting!
    heh I was telling myself exaclty the same

Was pretty much expecting that but not just so predictable and without any surprise. *That* was the true (and sad) surprise. Decided to watch the last 2 episodes of Babylon Berlin instead, you guys have missed something if you've watched this poor stream (assuming the previous posters were telling the truth).

Always positive to see new ships. Ships are the soul of Elite.

Well, my 2 cents:
    44 minutes (minus 6 to cut off the initial fluff) to present 2 ships without giving any details - For what was presented, should have been 20 minutes for 2 ships or 4 ships for the 44 minutes, and either way, include the outfitting screen, show they guts of it.

Mamba sure looks sleek though.

And +1 Kudos for that crash! That was epic

Originally Posted by Ratkatcher View Post (Source)
    I think the new Krait Phantom could be purposed as a good explorer, 8 slots, lighter & faster than the Krait MkII, good forward/downward visibility... We'll know more next week

Can't see the Mamba making a very good miner though...
    Will have to wait until next week to judge. The article in PCgamer stated that the Phantom has more cargo capacity, yet the Coriolis has it reduced and even comes with a tiny 16t fuel tank.

PCgamer
    "It’s lighter and faster than the Krait Mk II, with extra cargo space and several hardpoints. It’s not as heavy-hitting as the other Krait, but Frontier reckons you’ll still be able to hold your own against beefier targets."

Two more fighters! Yay!! That's what ED needs right now. Glad FD fixed that for us!! Woohooo!! /sarcasm.

WOW! so you show us 2 livestreams with awsome content and alot of new stuff to do then on 3rd stream give us 2 unrelated ships and say there new! There not new there revised models of what we already have (being krait mk2 and FDL) what a kick in the nuts. For the love of all things elite please dont let that be all.

Enjoyed the stream last night chaps and can't wait to get my hands on the Mamba, what an absolute beauty.

P.S. What a bunch of whingers in this thread eh?

Mamba looks like an awesome night time canyon racer with NV mode on. Krait - unsure.

Stream was somewhat disappointing. I was secretly hoping for some surprise at the end, but still, it was fun to watch. The crash will be forever in our memory. #ForTheMamba.

Also - TEAM ADAM!

Honestly, what's the deal with the Krait Phantom having 8 internal slots? Why did they emphasize it so much? I just checked and the Krait Mk II. has 8 slots as well.

Two beautiful ships in this update.

The Mamba is the Ferrari of the space.

...and more!

There's a number of other huge changes coming to Elite Dangerous, including visual improvements, background simulation updates, and (yet to be revealed) cockpit interface changes, and other features that we can't wait to tell you about.

This is from the beta announcement.

The mamba is a nice ship, but I've expected more. Only 1 new ship? The phantom is only a variant of the krait. Where are the other huge changes? The indicator for the ship's light?

Loved Adam's crash. I was thinking, yeah he's pretty good pilot or this is all going to end badly, then boom!

Looking forward to seeing the internals.

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Enjoyed the stream last night chaps and can't wait to get my hands on the Mamba, what an absolute beauty.

P.S. What a bunch of whingers in this thread eh?
    Those grapes were sour anyway...

As with everything else, Alec, there will never be a solution to please everyone Despite my hopes (like a few others) that miners/explorers were going to get something passed their way I felt that the Krait Phantom could be very nice to explore in, and the Mamba could sit in the garage with the rest of my fleet - ready for a day out canyon racing

I'm happy enough

Originally Posted by dreampage View Post (Source)
    Honestly, what's the deal with the Krait Phantom having 8 internal slots? Why did they emphasize it so much? I just checked and the Krait Mk II. has 8 slots as well.
    I think it is the 'faster & lighter' that makes it more interesting - the 8 slots, in a lighter ship, may suit those like me who enjoy exploring in something other than an Anaconda

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5891011 LastLast