Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mamba!

Originally Posted by Dutchman141 View Post (Source)
    What I was hoping for was a new exploration ship
    What could possibly say you are serious about exploration more than a huge beam laser on your back?

"I have exploration data and if you try to stop me from selling it, you will get burned!"

Originally Posted by Boskybosk View Post (Source)
    Krait MkII take two. The Krait can already function as an explorer. If all they do is drop the fighter bay for two smaller modules it will still be a solid exploration ship.
    If that's what the Krait Phantom turns out to be then you won't hear or see me again, I'll be out in the deep black.

The current Krait is already okayish as an explorer but with two extra internals instead of the fighterbay and some weight reduction it would become a pretty slick explorer, especially with the option for the Guardian fsd booster.

We'll see next Thursday in the livestream.

Mamba looks cool and you just know its gonna sound good.

Looks to me like it's primarily a fighter that's really wanting us to fly it with a co-pilot to get the best out of it. Nice job if that's the case!!

Added better photos to my first reply

Originally Posted by BongoBaggins View Post (Source)
    Added better photos to my first reply
    Awesome I wish adding photos from mobile was easier. Those are great shots, I've always wanted to like the Fer de Lance but I never could. This is a design I can fall in love with mostly due to the cockpit.

Oh.

My.

Word.

I'm thinking two things here, at least where the Mamba is concerned:

1. The early days of E-Sports racing ; )
    2. Hit and run missions involving large targets might finally be a thing.

Star wars called, they want their A wing back

Not sure what I'll do with it, but I GOTTA HAVE IT!

I really hope the pilot's seat is on the correct side like all Zorgon Peterson ships

I really hope the pilot's seat is on the correct side like all Zorgon Peterson ships
    Right side drive fistbump, I guess?

Oh, as for racing; actual ship and SRV racing really needs to be in the game. It amazes me that FDev haven't taken advantage of their physics for space and ground vehicles (not to mention the background views) and just added timed runs and routes. Hell, I'd be just about okay with Pilotwings style routes through canyons.

Originally Posted by Mr Cynical View Post (Source)
    It looks purty, but I'm not sure why the moans (and not just in here, please don't take this personally Dutch) about more 'combat' ships.

The thing with elite is that you can explore/mine/trade/mission run/pirate/fight with almost any ship.
    Play it your way, and use the ships for whatever you want to outside of their 'designed' role, it's much more fun.

I guarantee that if there ever is a new 'explorer' ship it won't just be used for that
    This!.
    Completely agree.
    Ships in ED are very versatile.
    People tend to stick to the meta that has been created about certain ships (me too), but several commanders have posted surprising alternative outfittings very few people use.

Originally Posted by Colossus1921 View Post (Source)
    I'm starting to doubt that FDev is going to put the Panther Clipper into the game.
    I no, was hoping the big Panther to be announce..

Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post (Source)
    This!.
    Completely agree.
    Ships in ED are very versatile.
    People tend to stick to the meta that has been created about certain ships (me too), but several commanders have posted surprising alternative outfittings very few people use.
    But as Morrissey once crooned; some girls are bigger than others...

It's reasonable to label certain ships as befitting a role, perhaps especially with combat (e.g. a good trader can be a good miner or explorer, whereas a good combat ship tends to objectively be poor at trading, exploring, etc). All ships are not created evenly (nor should they be). Ergo I think it's entirely reasonable for people to want to see things other than combat focused craft added to the game.

Given I'm primarily an explorer whose favourite ship is the FDL (I never take it to the bubble's frontier let alone beyond, however), I'll buy and enjoy the Mamba if it's fast, classy/stylish, and sounds like it has whiny (in a good way) mechanical turbo rattling through the hull. But in terms of practicality and ship roster, 'less combat, more other stuff' = preferable. Combat junkies have enough combat ships to be getting on with at the moment.

I read there are two seats and both are in the center.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast