Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The State of PowerPlay in 3304

As a minimum, probably the changes Sandro proposed in May.
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...rplay-Proposal

Originally Posted by Memau View Post (Source)
    Repped because I missed the second page and was just about to post the same link with the same comment, without the 'probably'.

It is a series of changes that all work together to deal witha number of major issues that plague Powerplay, and many PMFs as well. In additiom to ^, moving Powerplay modules to relevant techbrokers would give something to everyone. (And is mentioned by Sandro in that thread too)

Originally Posted by Memau View Post (Source)
    Exactly this is what I had hoped for to come this december. But it was clear pretty soon, that we will have to wait for maybe another year before any changes will happen. For this reason (and being tired of the repetitive cycles) I stopped playing powerplay mostly. I am getting tired of this kind of being put off. I would have eagerly returned for dedicated powerplaying if those proposed changes in the link above would have hit the universe about now. But as it is, I'll neglect powerplay as much as the devs do. I am on strike, and not sure if I I'll be coming back to dedicated powreplay anytime soon. Those changes are direly needed

From the pp n00b perspective (only interested in the toys), if all I do is farm merits in my opposing power's expansion system for 4 weeks, does that mess with your ecosystem?

Originally Posted by Krash View Post (Source)
    From the pp n00b perspective (only interested in the toys), if all I do is farm merits in my opposing power's expansion system for 4 weeks, does that mess with your ecosystem?
    As long as you (and all others who oppose) are not going over the treshhold and over the active powers expansions effort, no one will really mind. It will depend if the expansion you oppose is an expansion important to that power.

Originally Posted by XanderVekk View Post (Source)
    We keep asking for changes, or a complete scrap and redo...

What would you change (at a minimum) to improve PP enough to keep it worthwhile?

Just curious..
    A complete scrap and redo.

Originally Posted by withnail View Post (Source)
    A complete scrap and redo.
    Agreed. To me, PP is a completely pointless (apart from getting new modules) and zero-fun gameplay experience in its current form. Also, the UI for PP is difficult to interpret.

Originally Posted by Krash View Post (Source)
    If you're just module shopping, then you only need 750 merits in that last cycle before your 4 weeks hit. These days, that won't affect anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12