Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10131415161720 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 2)

Originally Posted by picommander View Post (Source)
    Good move. That's where it belongs to, not in the multicrew tab.

But wait, now I'm confused. I would have expected this under the FSS tab and TUNING, where I still only can see a deadzone slider.
    Oops! I was looking in the wrong place... I'll correct the original post - sorry!

Well i managed to place all the new mining items onto my ship after being disconnected twice. And now it cant find an online server. Did someone break the server while i turned my head or what?

Got disconnected, now getting the error that no servers are available for the region...

Same here?

Originally Posted by Heater View Post (Source)
    Got disconnected, now getting the error that no servers are available for the region...
    Have the exaxt same message which means pretty much all the servers crashed or are turning into a forest fire as we speak as every commander is cursing those servers to the nth generation.

Same here...
    But remember never play on patchday ...

Originally Posted by Heater View Post (Source)
    I have the same problem.

Sure would like to try out the new beeta...

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    No, I get it. So now we need 1 module for exploration (the surface scanner) but at least 8 for mining! So outfitting a ship for discovery is less of a thing now (apart from the weight). I can see how that could be taken as a belittling of that career path. But hey, everyone loves free stuff right! /s
    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)

Personally, and this is pure speculation, I think FD may have ballsed up slightly by making the FSS functionality (along with all the analysis mode stuff) fundamentally built-in to the game. Then, when it was reported as a bug that you could use the FSS without fitting an ADS someone suddenly went ... "oh! crap!! we didn't think of that". The fix? Claim that the ADS is now a built-in. Like I said earlier - genius!

You actually need a DSS, a pulse wave scanner and 3 hardpoints more than what we're use to for mining.
    Mind you that from the sound of what has been said in the devstreams, only fully-mining ships "need" to carry all these items. They always intended the three new methods of mining as "specialized" mining. You can still do multipurpose ships with just the abrasive cannon, or just the drills for sub-surface mining. You may forego the pulse scanner and risk mining lower yield asteroids…
    Those are tools if we want to really get into mining and want to get some more minerals/metals out of those rocks. These were never intended to be modules / weapons every ship needs to outfit if you want to do some mining now and then.

12. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #222
    This isn’t a nerf, we’ve increased the damage on this particular special, it's a balance to improve its use, not to nerf its use

Originally Posted by CMDR Redcrest View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the notes!

Couple of things:
    What does "balance pass" on high yield shell special mean? I assume nerf but weren't they already nerfed in a previous update?

I saw the line saying "material trader" and thought you'd improved the exchange rates. Instead it was a glitch I didn't even know existed. Way to get my hopes up! How very dare you!

Yay for making the discovery scanner a core module! I wonder who might have suggested that?

Where do I find new stuff to buy for mining? I cant seem to find anywhere

Originally Posted by zzehirbazz View Post (Source)
    Where do I find new stuff to buy for mining? I cant seem to find anywhere
    Can't find mining gear if servers won't let you log in.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10131415161720 ... LastLast