Thread: Saitek X52 Pro repeat install

Saitek X52 Pro repeat install

I don't know where to put this so i thought here as i mainly use the controller with ED.

as the title says, every time i start my PC (Windows 10, 64) i have to re-install the drivers for the X52. once installed i can select the profile i want and then play the game. No probs with the stick at all.

As soon as i finish and turn the computer off it seems as if the drivers have been installed to the RAM and not the hard drive as i have to then re-install the drivers again to use it.

That's not all. no matter what i do to windows with changing settings, nothing seems to be remembered after i turn the computer off. For example, I changed the way my PC started as in i had to put in a password as it was setup in a public area for a little while. when home i disabled the password, but it doesn't seem to remember that setting and reverts back to the password request every time i start the PC. Its becoming very annoying.

I know this isn't an ED issue and im not expecting the devs or anyone from ED to comment, but i don't know where to ask about this. hoping the community can help.

I'd start by making a new local admin account with a password, logging in as that, renaming your old profile in C:\Users. Try the game as local Admin and see if everything works, log in as "yourself" in your new profile and see if everything works. If so, copy your important data from your old renamed profile folder into your new one.

If nothing works properly with those steps, run the system file checker from a admin CMD prompt with SFC /scannow and see if your installation has been compromised.

I'd be tempted to just backup your important data, backup your backup, and create a windows USB installer and nuke the entire thing from orbit and start anew.

FYI if using an ssd drive they do actually have a limited number of writes before they fail to read only and although the number of writes is huge its not infinite
    hopefully the asp's advice should sort it

Originally Posted by Asp Explorer View Post (Source)
    I'd be tempted to just backup your important data, backup your backup, and create a windows USB installer and nuke the entire thing from orbit and start anew.
    If the Saitek-branded drivers were installed at any time, that sounds like a good idea. You could try removing them with something like RAPR (while the device is not connected) and see if that does anything, but previous experience indicates that it's hard to get rid of their residue.

Originally Posted by Ozmodion View Post (Source)
    it was setup in a public area for a little while
    Is there any chance it has software installed that resets the PC with every boot e.g. Deep Freeze or Reboot Restore RX?

Originally Posted by taotoo View Post (Source)
    Is there any chance it has software installed that resets the PC with every boot e.g. Deep Freeze or Reboot Restore RX?
    no i dont think so, i dont even know what these are so i wouldnt of installed them.

with regards to the public access, it was only there as a demo machine (i do custom watercooling builds) no one had access to it, only to see it, but i thought i would password it just in case.

logitech took over the x52 along with all the other saitek products. you can find the drivers for windows 10 here. https://support.logitech.com/en_ca/p...ller/downloads