Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Content Recap: Beyond - Chapter Four Livestream - New Ships

Wait, 5 internals in the Mamba. A ship that's close to the Python in size.

That makes absolutely no sense.

Love the Phantom but wow that stream really wasn't he glorious finale this patch deserved.

Originally Posted by Winterwalker View Post (Source)
    He also said it was heavily engineered. Depends what he had, but if you push that hard maybe heat issues isn't such a silly thing to get. If anything, maybe it's the top speed that needs the push up?
    "heavily engineered"...my python can achieve 512 m/s and it is combat build. How Mamba can be "one of the fastest" ? Unengineered Viper can go 640 m/s or so LOL.

Krait the Copy-Paste and Mamba the Fastest Slowpoke

Nice.

P.S. May be he mean "heavily" like "heavy". Literally every module was sturdy with 200% mass? That could make some sense :/

Originally Posted by ZakNaZul View Post (Source)
    "heavily engineered"...my python can achieve 512 m/s and it is combat build. How Mamba can be "one of the fastest" ? Unengineered Viper can go 640 m/s or so LOL.
    Like I say - maybe the speed is low - though the Mamba looks considerably bigger than a Viper.

We also don't know if it was engineered entirely for speed, during the fight Adam suddenly said he was a tank, jury stays out. o7 +1

edit: ps. yep

I'm curious about the Krait Phantom:
    Where does this sit regarding the Krait Mk II? It's got the same number of internal compartments, fewer hardpoints, and can't carry a fighter. As we facing module creep with mining, for instance, how does this ship fit in the picture. Furthermore, it appears to have the same number of internals and hardpoints as a Clipper, though it's slower. (It can, of course, land at a medium pad, a source of infinite frustration for us Clipper pilots out there...)

What are the SIZES of those internals, as well as the SIZES of the core modules? You call this a datasheet?

These stats are useless.

These are the stats we need...

Top Speed
    Boost Speed
    Agility Factor
    Base Shield Multiplier
    Base Armour
    Mass
    Minimum Thrust Factor
    Boost Cost
    Pitch (Degree/s)
    Yaw (Degree/s)
    Roll (Degree/s)
    Pitch Acceleration
    Yaw Acceleration
    Roll Acceleration
    Heat Capacity
    Heat Dissipation
    MinHeat Dissipation Max
    Armour Hardness
    Masslock Factor
    Crew Amount
    Cost

a relatively generous quantity of hardpoints
    - 2 Large and 2 Medium Hardpoints
    ..relative to what, a Sidewinder?

I'm curious why the Phantom loses both a hardpoint and SLF, but has the same internals. Losing firepower but gaining no utility seems weird. Faster and lighter? By how much and why does that matter? I doubt the faster and lighter part is going to make up for lost firepower.

Originally Posted by Scrooge McDbrn47 View Post (Source)
    I'm curious why the Phantom loses both a hardpoint and SLF, but has the same internals. Losing firepower but gaining no utility seems weird. Faster and lighter? By how much and why does that matter? I doubt the faster and lighter part is going to make up for lost firepower.
    It will if you explore in a Krait :-)

this was disappointing, I was expecting at least 1 more ship, mamba looks good but it is another medium combat ship and we have a lot of them, the phantom maybe is a good idea if it has at least the same jump as an AspX, but the fan base needs ASAP expensive ships to buy

Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    Krait Phantom

• 8.23LY laden FSD range

Mamba

• 6.37LY laden FSD range

-------------------------------
    Hello! Could you please give us a better estimate of jump range? That range is for a grade E FSD and with cargo, could you please give us the unladen FSD range and for an a graded FSD and/or its class/size? I want to know how it stacks up to the krait mkII for exploration

More medium combat/multi ships, in an exploration/mining expansion. Yeeeeeep.

Originally Posted by Whitmann View Post (Source)
    It will if you explore in a Krait :-)
    Without the details on how much weight is being shaved off and how it translates into jump range, how do you know? Krait Mk.II apparently has 8.99 LY stock range unladen.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast