Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46

Thread: On-the-fly summary of Chapter 4 New Ships Livestream

  1. #1

    On-the-fly summary of Chapter 4 New Ships Livestream

    • Dev Team has heard the feedback regarding rewards for Next-Gen Mining
    • SRV News! You now have a lights on indicator in the cockpit view.
    • That feature is also available for ships as well.
    • Krait Phantom is up!
    • Slightly stripped down, faster, lighter, 8 internal slots
    • No SLF bay
    • Hardpoints: 2 large, 2 medium.
    • Top speed of 256m per second
    • Around 8Ly jump range at stock config
    • Around 37M Credits
    • “She sounds angry!”
    • Haha! Adam crashed the ship up due to reckless flying near the surface of a planet!
    • First time that’s happened in 4 years of ship reveals!
    • Enough of the (crashed) Phantom, here’s the reveal of the Mamba
    • A sexier version of the FDL. I want it!
    • Unreleased racer ship according to Elite lore.
    • Mamba is like a A10. Huge hardpoint behind the cockpit, ship built around the engines and huge hardpoint
    • Mamba is slightly faster than FDL, she’s one of the fastest ships in the game. However, the FDL is more manoeuvrable.
    • Hardpoints: 1 Huge, 2 Large, 2 Small. All on top.
    • 6.3 Ly jump range at stock
    • 2 seater cockpit
    • Very sleek design
    • And were flying the Mamba.
    • 495m per second boost with engineering.
    • All hardpoints on top side of the ship
    • These 2 ships coming next week in Beta 3
    • Mamba overheats a bit (probably due to engineered Dirty Drive thrusters I guess). They’re gonna look at that in beta.
    • Entertaining dev-ship battle follows – Mamba vs Phantom. Mamba wins.
    • That’s it! The last Chapter 4 livestream.

  2. #2
    Originally Posted by TheSisko View Post (Source)
    • Dev Team has heard the feedback regarding rewards for Next-Gen Mining
    • SRV News! You now have a lights on indicator in the cockpit view.
    • That feature is also available for ships as well.
    • Krait Phantom is up!
    • Slightly stripped down, faster, lighter, 8 internal slots
    • No SLF bay
    • Hardpoints: 2 large, 2 medium.
    • Top speed of 256m per second
    • Around 8Ly jump range at stock config
    • Around 37M Credits
    • “She sounds angry!”
    • Haha! Adam crashed the ship up due to reckless flying near the surface of a planet!
    • First time that’s happened in 4 years of ship reveals!
    • Enough of the (crashed) Phantom, here’s the reveal of the Mamba
    • A sexier version of the FDL. I want it!
    • Unreleased racer ship according to Elite lore.
    • Mamba is like a A10. Huge hardpoint behind the cockpit, ship built around the engines and huge hardpoint
    • Mamba is slightly faster than FDL, she’s one of the fastest ships in the game. However, the FDL is more manoeuvrable.
    • Hardpoints: 1 Huge, 2 Large, 2 Small. All on top.
    • 6.3 Ly jump range at stock
    • 2 seater cockpit
    • Very sleek design
    • And were flying the Mamba.
    • 495m per second boost with engineering.
    • All hardpoints on top side of the ship
    • These 2 ships coming next week in Beta 3
    • Mamba overheats a bit (probably due to engineered Dirty Drive thrusters I guess). They’re gonna look at that in beta.
    • Entertaining dev-ship battle follows – Mamba vs Phantom. Mamba wins.
    • That’s it! The last Chapter 4 livestream.
    Made it to the livestream just in time to see the crew wave goodbye LOL. Thanks for the recap, guess I didn't miss much.

  3. #3
    I wish they would have at least showed us the internals for each ship. That's kind of important information.

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    I wish they would have at least showed us the internals for each ship. That's kind of important information.
    I wish they told us more we didnt already know.

    On the bright side I guess the specs feom the article were for A rated thrusters and not E Rated like some were claiming.

    Edit:Ah screw it, Ill belueve its E rated specs anyway.

  5. #5
    Lights indicator very nice Krait Phantom trades off SLF with more optional internals and faster speed, which made me very interested, might be good mining and exploration ship for that setup. Mamba looks very sleek, configuration wise it's hit and run ship for combat, but yeah....not sure I care. It looks very pretty though.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    Lights indicator very nice Krait Phantom trades off SLF with more optional internals and faster speed, which made me very interested, might be good mining and exploration ship for that setup. Mamba looks very sleek, configuration wise it's hit and run ship for combat, but yeah....not sure I care. It looks very pretty though.
    It has the same ammount of Optional intetnals as the Krait mk II

    So they are just resizing some of the slots

  7. #7
    I wish they'd given us some decent new ships related to exploration and mining which are the themes for this expansion.

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Kellan Fell View Post (Source)
    I wish they'd given us some decent new ships related to exploration and mining which are the themes for this expansion.
    Yeah, if the livechat was any indication you are not the only one disappointed about that.

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Kellan Fell View Post (Source)
    I wish they'd given us some decent new ships related to exploration and mining which are the themes for this expansion.
    Agreed 100,000%. Especially with how many new combat ships we've gotten in the past year.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Kamiyoda View Post (Source)
    It has the same ammount of Optional intetnals as the Krait mk II

    So they are just resizing some of the slots
    At the moment I'm not sure if the delta between MkII and Phantom is enough. I know she's lost the SLF bay but she's smaller and has the same number of slots? Hmmm. Wish they'd shown us the internals to see if the slots are the same size.

    Between this and the Crusader there's a push to make non-SLF variants faster.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Kellan Fell View Post (Source)
    I wish they'd given us some decent new ships related to exploration and mining which are the themes for this expansion.
    Krait Phantom has reduced mass and easy around 70LY range from what we know... so there you have your exploration sship...

  12. #12
    I know, TheSisko (good name by the way).
    Instead they've basically turned mining into another grind that you need an endgame ship to achieve. Exporing is now basically a mini-game of it's ownThat mey be OK in the short term, but would I want to do another 40,000 LY round trip (done 2 so far) exploring with this mechanism? Probably not. I hated the crappy scanner in the SRV and now they make that part of the exploration methods... Ah well, ma\ybe one day they'll get the fact that some of us want a game rather than just another space combat simulator.
    We've got dozens of wasys to build pew-pew ships and a seemingly invincible enemy to go up against, but no real incentive to try and forge any other kind of path through the game...

    You still can't be an efficient trader without relying on 3rd party tools, mining is becoming the next grind task, and exploration has become a confusing mness of a mini game that needs a whole subset of controls mapping to it just to make it playable. I had such high hopes too.

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    Agreed 100,000%. Especially with how many new combat ships we've gotten in the past year.
    If previous threads are any indication you'll be informed shortly that there's been no combat ships released this year.

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by TheSisko View Post (Source)
    At the moment I'm not sure if the delta between MkII and Phantom is enough. I know she's lost the SLF bay but she's smaller and has the same number of slots? Hmmm. Wish they'd shown us the internals to see if the slots are the same size.

    Between this and the Crusader there's a push to make non-SLF variants faster.
    she didn't only loose the SLF she also lost a LARGE hardpoint! that's a big difference also reduced mass that leads to around 70 LY jump range engineered...

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Dread Lord View Post (Source)
    Krait Phantom has reduced mass and easy around 70LY range from what we know... so there you have your exploration sship...
    Not without massive grind for engineering, and it's not a new ship, it's just a re-work of the existing Krait model

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast