Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: No Rep == less feedback

  1. This is the last staff post in this thread. #16
    Originally Posted by 5AnaHalfHatsize View Post (Source)
    Yeah, miss the point much?

    What I'm saying is that FD have deliberately disabled rep on that forum because they don't want anyone saying things just to get a reaction.

    Yet they also say they totally *want* a reaction.

    They just want a reaction they like.
    We cannot see what posts have gained X amount of rep. It is intentionally disabled in the feedback forum, along with a couple other forums.

    If you have something to add to a discussion, reply to the thread. If you agree/disagree with the feedback, post your thoughts on why you agree or disagree to said thread.

    vBulletin doesn't have a built-in post-likes/thanks system. We don't plan to add one either due to the upcoming forum migration to happen in 2019 - which will likely have an inline post-reactions system.

  2. #17
    Originally Posted by babelfisch View Post (Source)
    How much tinfoil do you need for a 5 and a half?
    Mine is a shiny sombrero.

    But what other reason is there to do that other than to try and control the type of feedback they get?

  3. #18
    Originally Posted by 5AnaHalfHatsize View Post (Source)
    Only possible reason I can see is that FD want to tone down the rhetoric and push people who are playing to the crowd to the DD forum.
    Fun fact: when you do the sane thing and block DD, you also lose the feedback forum

  4. #19
    Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    We cannot see what posts have gained X amount of rep. It is intentionally disabled in the feedback forum, along with a couple other forums.

    If you have something to add to a discussion, reply to the thread. If you agree/disagree with the feedback, post your thoughts on why you agree or disagree to said thread.

    vBulletin doesn't have a built-in post-likes/thanks system. We don't plan to add one either due to the upcoming forum migration to happen in 2019 - which will likely have an inline post-reactions system.

    It's interesting you can't see what rep is given to a particular post, and I'd say you're missing valuable data points right there.

    But whether you can or can't see it doesn't change my point.

    People like to get positive feedback from their peers whether they'll admit it or not (though not me obviously), not having that option there will subdue the reactions people post to that forum.

    People with contentious ideas will tend to post them in the most popular forum where you have the ability to then move it to the dedicated forum, further limiting the discussion.

    You know, just like you did with this thread.

  5. #20
    Isn't a "I agree" or "I disagree and here is why" also giving (positive) feedback?

  6. #21
    Originally Posted by moorison View Post (Source)
    Isn't a "I agree" or "I disagree and here is why" also giving (positive) feedback?
    It is, but getting a bright red sticker on your notifications makes all the difference, just look at the amount of people addicted to slot machines.

  7. #22
    Originally Posted by 5AnaHalfHatsize View Post (Source)
    People like to get positive feedback from their peers whether they'll admit it or not (though not me obviously), not having that option there will subdue the reactions people post to that forum.
    Even if some people might decide to post for the chance for fake internet points, many people are EVEN MORE motivated by the chance to have a hand in shaping the game to become more like what they would enjoy

    Even outside the beta, when I post to the regular suggestion forums I specifically tell people that rep doesn't help with this; they have to leave a comment if they want to +1 the suggestion.
    I'm far FAR more interested in my suggestions ending up in the game than in internet points.

  8. #23
    Originally Posted by 5AnaHalfHatsize View Post (Source)
    Mine is a shiny sombrero.

    But what other reason is there to do that other than to try and control the type of feedback they get?
    Why do you believe rep is somehow related to the type of feedback? Rep is given when people like your post. Why should people stop posting just because rep is disabled? Why do you believe does FDEV asked for feedback when they don't want feedback?

    Your logic doesn't make any sense. It's like the most idiotic thing I've read in a long time, which isn't meant as an insult. People not being idiotic can post idiotic things, I speak of experience.

  9. #24
    Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    We don't plan to add one either due to the upcoming forum migration to happen in 2019 - which will likely have an inline post-reactions system.
    Wouldn't you want to have that disabled for "those" forums as well? Frontier's stance on polls and such is pretty well documented, and a visible reactions system is just as easily misconstrued to have some kind of importance by general population.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12