Thread: About the new locations on Isla Muerta (and Isla Tacano?)

About the new locations on Isla Muerta (and Isla Tacano?)

So above is a screenshot of the trailer of the new locations. I know the picture quality isn't that great. Just try to zoom in.
    Quick set of questions and what does the community think.

- It looks like a pre-made facility is on Isla Muerta (where the story takes place), does it seem bigger than the original Muerta campaign? Or it's not bigger than Isla Matanceros?
    - If it's connected do you guys think we can travel from the OG Muerta to the new area, like its a connected park?
    - On that note, will the resources be shared between the two parks?
    - They said only Isla Muerta has a new location, but Isla Tacano looks like there is also a new buildable area. I mean the lower left picture kinda shows it. Right? (But there is no monorail station). Unlike Isla Muerta (it has on the far right upper side). So....?
    - Do you guys think there are other surprises in this update and DLC that Frontier kept from us? What do you guess they are (assuming there IS).

Originally Posted by Hououin Kyoma View Post (Source)
    So above is a screenshot of the trailer of the new locations. I know the picture quality isn't that great. Just try to zoom in.
    Quick set of questions and what does the community think.

- It looks like a pre-made facility is on Isla Muerta (where the story takes place), does it seem bigger than the original Muerta campaign? Or it's not bigger than Isla Matanceros?
    - If it's connected do you guys think we can travel from the OG Muerta to the new area, like its a connected park?
    - On that note, will the resources be shared between the two parks?
    - They said only Isla Muerta has a new location, but Isla Tacano looks like there is also a new buildable area. I mean the lower left picture kinda shows it. Right? (But there is no monorail station). Unlike Isla Muerta (it has on the far right upper side). So....?
    - Do you guys think there are other surprises in this update and DLC that Frontier kept from us? What do you guess they are (assuming there IS).
    I don’t know what to say tbh... i don’t think either will be very big...

I really hope its in either my muerta is -400k in debt ans if i buy the dlc i hope ill actually get the dinosaurs from tacano or muerta but hopefully tacano

Looks like they'll just be two new maps, ie. two new save slots for your profile. One of them seems to have prebuilt stuff on there to start, that's new and innovative lol

Originally I pictured Muerta as being an island with several segments connected by monorail. Even before the game launched that seemed like the case and the island description was deceptive. While I would still like this concept to apply today, realistically and especially given the context of this DLC, it will be completely separate from the current Muerta location. Maybe they can work this out for the future, but a secret hybrid testing facility will in no way be connected to the park location, makes no sense and is probably easier just to keep them separate in the short term on account of development time rather than trying to work out how/if they can share resources with one another, etc.

As for Tacano, I think the fact Frontier won't talk about it must mean its story related and they don't want to spoil it. I wouldn't doubt Frontier has a few things in the DLC unrevealed and they won't go over them until after its already out, probably nothing huge, but some smaller things. Maybe hints at future content or an unlockable riddled with nostalgia. I would get my hopes up for anything big, but I am sure there is a little something else in there, if it is big, yay, but don't set your expectations so high.

it should be absolutely assumed there is other stuff added to the 1.5 patch, as well as the paid DLC, that isn't revealed yet, that would be normal to not have all the details yet. Of course also since there aren't any "patch notes" or full feature list of either yet.

I would just hope its more fine tuning added that many of us wanted, like the hunting behavior to be a little further improved, who knows maybe more skins or gene mods. but it is entirely possible it will just be a lot more general fixes. although I guess I am probably more talking about the 1.5 than the wu expansion here.

Expect the same size areas we have now. Consoles can't handle much. So the new areas should be about the same size. Sorna is the biggest building area we get and they stuck a mountain in the middle so it could block out in game items so consoles wouldn't have to try and render it all.