Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Quick question about cargo missions...

  1. #1

    Quick question about cargo missions...

    Here's the scenario...

    I'm in my Python and I accept a couple of cargo missions.
    I don't really care what the destinations are cos my Python can land anywhere.
    I then see several more tasty missions on the board so I swap to my Cutter and take on a bunch more.

    The question is; what happens if some of the missions are to a medium-pad platform?

    Do they disappear off the "ongoing missions" doodad until I'm back in a suitable ship, does the game prevent me from loading cargo for a medium-pad destination into a large ship or can I just load it up and then feel like a dumbass when I realise I can't deliver it?

    I've been doing a bunch of hauling over the last couple of days and I keep on taking more and more missions, swapping to a bigger ship and just hoping it'll all work out.
    Does the game prevent me from screwing up or have I just been lucky thus far?

    I keep meaning to deliberately pick a mission to a medium-pad destination and then swap to a large ship so I can find out what happens but I just haven't got around to it.

  2. #2
    The game expects you to sort yourself out. Main issue is if you fill up yr L ship with cargo for a M dest - in which case you are hosed as you can't unload it.

  3. #3
    You have to handle it yourself, I do it a lot with mining missions, use an all cargo Python to collect the M pad stuff, switch to a heavy ship to pick up the L pad stuff and do the mining. Obviously I drop off all the L pad cargo before switching back to the Python to complete the M pad missions.

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    The game expects you to sort yourself out. Main issue is if you fill up yr L ship with cargo for a M dest - in which case you are hosed as you can't unload it.
    When you say "hosed", does that mean you can't go back to your station of origin, unload it again and then collect it in a smaller ship?

    Again, this is something I've wondered about but, in the end, I can never be bothered to try it out.

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Stealthie View Post (Source)
    When you say "hosed", does that mean you can't go back to your station of origin, unload it again and then collect it in a smaller ship?

    Again, this is something I've wondered about but, in the end, I can never be bothered to try it out.
    You can't unload cargo from the origin depot. Always keep the max capacity of your M pad ship in mind. Or just operate from the many regions where an M pad ship is not needed.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by 777Driver View Post (Source)
    You can't unload cargo from the origin depot. Always keep the max capacity of your M pad ship in mind. Or just operate from the many regions where an M pad ship is not needed.
    Blimey, I guess I have been lucky.

    I always assumed that, worst-case, I'd be able to schlep cargo back the the origin, offload it again, and then swap to the Python and collect it.

    Need to pay more attention in future.

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Stealthie View Post (Source)
    Blimey, I guess I have been lucky.

    I always assumed that, worst-case, I'd be able to schlep cargo back the the origin, offload it again, and then swap to the Python and collect it.

    Need to pay more attention in future.
    Gotta admit I was disappointed with the Ships update. Was expecting a few more ships and a lot of ship based QoL features to be added.

  8. #8
    If you really made the mistake of loading up more cargo for the M-pad into an L-ship which fits into the Python, you can only hope to have a friend. Jettisoning than the cargo and ask your friend to keep it until you've changed to the Python and deleted some of that cargo

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by 777Driver View Post (Source)
    Gotta admit I was disappointed with the Ships update. Was expecting a few more ships and a lot of ship based QoL features to be added.
    Ditto

    How/why can there still be no Medium sized SK or Gutamaya ships?

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Lucius-Darcia View Post (Source)
    If you really made the mistake of loading up more cargo for the M-pad into an L-ship which fits into the Python, you can only hope to have a friend. Jettisoning than the cargo and ask your friend to keep it until you've changed to the Python and deleted some of that cargo
    Meh,

    I'd just flog the cargo at a black market and then pay any fine.

    I do my best to be honorable but, y'know...

  11. #11
    Why did you bother picking up the cargo first? You do know you can except all the missions and then do them at your own pace, just remember the longer time goes by the more chance of hostiles ships.