Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42

Thread: My latest Mandela Effect experience.

  1. #1

    My latest Mandela Effect experience.

    A few years ago my folks got new cars.

    My mum's car had a red display on the radio, and her partner's had a blue display.

    Her partner's car now is also a red display.

    I know for a fact it was blue before.

    I'm being serious when I talk about this. I sincerely believe a number of people shift reality numerous times in their lives.

  2. #2
    Welcome to universe C-132.
    Please think of it as your home.

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    A few years ago my folks got new cars.

    My mum's car had a red display on the radio, and her partner's had a blue display.

    Her partner's car now is also a red display.

    I know for a fact it was blue before.

    I'm being serious when I talk about this. I sincerely believe a number of people shift reality numerous times in their lives.
    The Mandela effect refers to false memories, correct?

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by Ephraim Stone View Post (Source)
    The Mandela effect refers to false memories, correct?
    That's what some people dismiss it as, yes.

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    That's what some people dismiss it as, yes.
    Easy tiger, just saying what a quick Google Search told me

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Ephraim Stone View Post (Source)
    Easy tiger, just saying what a quick Google Search told me
    I wasn't necessarily directing it at you. "Some people" is a vague term after all.

    No I'm familiar with the Google results.

    But as someone who lives with a number of paranormal and otherwise inexplicible life experiences, I find myself disagreeing with the "facts" quite often.

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    I wasn't necessarily directing it at you. "Some people" is a vague term after all.

    No I'm familiar with the Google results.

    But as someone who lives with a number of paranormal and otherwise inexplicible life experiences, I find myself disagreeing with the "facts" quite often.
    Ha ha no worries, was given and received lightheartedly!

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    But as someone who lives with a number of paranormal and otherwise inexplicible life experiences, I find myself disagreeing with the "facts" quite often.
    Then again, you consistently describe your mental health as not particularly pristine. Including, if I remember correctly, psychotic episodes. Not meant as an insult, just providing some perspective here.

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    Then again, you consistently describe your mental health as not particularly pristine. Including, if I remember correctly, psychotic episodes. Not meant as an insult, just providing some perspective here.
    Yep', that's right.

    It's all there well documented on this forum, by my own hand.

    Still stand by this though. I know for a fact that car had a blue display.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    Yep', that's right.

    It's all tjere well documented on this forum, by my own hand.

    Still stand by this though. I know for a fact tjat car had a blue display.
    I am sure you do. But you're kinda arguing that some doctor diagnosed you with a broken leg, and you experienced a supernatural pain in your leg. You can share the experience, but you cant honestly expect anyone to believe you. Or at least the 'supernatural' part.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    I am sure you do. But you're kinda arguing that some doctor diagnosed you with a broken leg, and you experienced a supernatural pain in your leg. You can share the experience, but you cant honestly expect anyone to believe you. Or at least the 'supernatural' part.
    I don't necessarily feel entitled to people's belief. Not anymore. The treatment I've been receiving has taught me that.

    You are your own man. I do not speak for you.

    However that of course works both ways. As far as I'm aware, I left my original reality long ago. Little details changing, but no history of what I remember, that kind of thing.

    I'm well aware that by most I will be remembered as an utter lunatic.

    Honestly? I wouldn't have it any other way.

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    A few years ago my folks got new cars.

    My mum's car had a red display on the radio, and her partner's had a blue display.

    Her partner's car now is also a red display.

    I know for a fact it was blue before.

    I'm being serious when I talk about this. I sincerely believe a number of people shift reality numerous times in their lives.
    You say you know for a fact, but if your memory is the only thing to go by then this so called fact is questionable.
    Human memory is a liar. Our brains constantly alter our memories and create new ones from scratch. Human memory is not a perfect storage device.
    If you bought an HDD or an SSD at the store and if it would perform like a human brain, then you would immediately return it and ask your money back.

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post (Source)
    You say you know for a fact, but if your memory is the only thing to go by then this so called fact is questionable.
    Human memory is a liar. Our brains constantly alter our memories and create new ones from scratch. Human memory is not a perfect storage device.
    If you bought an HDD or an SSD at the store and if it would perform like a human brain, then you would immediately return it and ask your money back.
    Reasonable rebuttal.

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    I'm being serious when I talk about this. I sincerely believe a number of people shift reality numerous times in their lives.
    If there was a reality shift is it likely there'd be multiple changes coinciding at the shift point?

    Also what shifts, is it your full physical form or consciousness at some level.

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    I don't necessarily feel entitled to people's belief. Not anymore. The treatment I've been receiving has taught me that.

    You are your own man. I do not speak for you.

    However that of course works both ways. As far as I'm aware, I left my original reality long ago. Little details changing, but no history of what I remember, that kind of thing.

    I'm well aware that by most I will be remembered as an utter lunatic.

    Honestly? I wouldn't have it any other way.
    I don't think lunacy is in play, nor alternate realities.

    Rather, simple mis-remembering as happens to us all.

    I went to a Neil DeGrasse Tyson talk recently; he was saying he was excluded from jury duty twice, because he wouldn't accept eye witness testimony as the sole evidence to convict someone.

    He said memory is not the "absolute" that people perceive it to be, and that as scientists it was unreasonable to rely on something so fallible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast