Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FSD Engineering - 101

Originally Posted by aRJay View Post (Source)
    OH Yes you can engineer any number of FSDs you have available to any blueprint and special effect that you wish while you are at an appropriate engineer, but any one FSD will only have the properties produced by the last blueprint and special applied to it.

I missed that bit, agreed.
    I have multiple FSDs for a couple of my ships.

Originally Posted by aRJay View Post (Source)
    Keep in mind Boot Time is how long an FSD takes to power up from having been switched off or a power failure, the time to charge for a Jump or to enter Cruise is not changed by engineering.
    Just good, that I asked then - i really thought it would be the time to charge up, what is meant with "boot time".

Originally Posted by Lysette View Post (Source)
    Just good, that I asked then - i really thought it would be the time to charge up, what is meant with "boot time".
    Boot Time is the time it takes a device to get to a functioning condition from when the power is switched on.

Boot in this instance is the computing term for getting a computer started, it comes from bootstrap these where straps built into the tops of leather boots that allowed the wearer to get a better grip and so draw them on more easily.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123