Thread: FSD for my little stuff?

FSD for my little stuff?

I have one ship I use for travel; my Clipper. It's got a maxed out A grade FSD and I just call my courier and iEagle to where I'll be operating after I get there. The Clipper uses a Stripped Down drive geared for jump distance.

Before I leave the area around Long Sight Base for my next engineer, I need to toss some mods on my iEagle and iCourier so I can at least get Experimental bonuses. I'm thinking g2 dirty drives and probably multi-resist shielding, but if these little guys only hop one or two jumps from whereever the clipper is, what would be the best mod for their FSD? I use the Courier and iEagle both for BH and CZ, though the courier also makes quick cargo runs sometimes.

Depends what you use them for, but I see no reason not to have G5 Increased Range FSD mods on every FSD.

Depends what you're looking for.

Fast Boot is the normal mod' applied to racers simply because it's the only FSD mod' which doesn't incur any weight penalty.
    Bung a G1 fast-boot mod' on a ship, with the Stripped-Down XFX for the lightest possible FSD.

Shielded applies a small(ish) weight penalty but adds a bit to your range and integrity while allowing you to apply the XFX of choice.

And, of course, Long-Range gives you greater FSD range (who knew, right?) but applies the biggest weight penalty - which is a bad thing if you don't really care about range and just want a light ship.

When I was building my speedy Viper 3, I spent a bit of time playing about with different choices of FSD and I realised that a bigger D-rated FSD gave a better range, and was lighter, than a smaller A-rated alternative.
    I just decided that 10Ly would be all I needed and then played with Coriolis to figure out the lightest drive and mod' that could give me that.

Originally Posted by CorvusDove View Post (Source)
    The Clipper uses a Stripped Down drive geared for jump distance
    Do you mean the Stripped Down FSD experimental? Because you get better distance with Mass Manager or Deep Charge.

With class 5 and above FSDs go with mass manager for better jump range.
    Class 3 FSDs and below used deep charge for better jump range. Class 4 FSD is an edge chase.