Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What changes have made the beta for you?

Thargoid attack reporting, new things to discover, exploration, new ships & scenarios are my highlights - in that order

Only bad thing is breaking the research limpets, though I admit that may be a niche concern

If you're finding the FSS a bit of a faff, take the time to map the controls to a dual-stick single-hat gamepad with analogue triggers like an Xbox gamepad. It's significantly easier to use than KB/M or joystick. In fact, it's almost like it was designed on one.

Bugs and balancing aside, I love pretty much everything so far.

Originally Posted by the100thmonkey View Post (Source)
    If you're finding the FSS a bit of a faff, take the time to map the controls to a dual-stick single-hat gamepad with analogue triggers like an Xbox gamepad. It's significantly easier to use than KB/M or joystick. In fact, it's almost like it was designed on one.
    Yup, even the Default Context bindings maps everything you need to the gamepad. It's a little different to live's default context, so I keep doing odd things, but all in all, no issues at all.

Nothing about this update remedies what is required to bring me back to the game. The galaxy is still as dangerous as a new born puppy and repetitive monotony has not been replaced with challenge. There's always 2019.

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    Thargoid attack reporting,
    Wait what? What is this thing? I missed it somehow.

After initial misgivings, I like the FSS system more the more I use it. I'm also happy that we get a few new ships to compete with the DBX and AspX for exploration (Dolphin and Orca, respectively). I don't plan to log back into live again until the beta is over, I enjoy being able to actually find POIs on my own too much

I love the night vision. I love the exploration scanning, which feels much more like scanning a system should feel.

Mining i will love when they reattune the PWS to the concentration of ore type rather than fissures.

The beta hasn't changed anything. What will be key for me is whether the exploration changes will endure the test of time.

Originally Posted by BDelacroix View Post (Source)
    Wait what? What is this thing? I missed it somehow.
    Nearly there...

Although I can't give a very good opinion since there's no beta on Xbox there are a lot of things I realy look forward to.

The exploration overhaul looks fantastic to me, FSS and especially the probes.
    The new lighting system.
    Codex!!!
    Krait Phantom.
    Saud Kruger ships getting all unrestricted internals.
    CZ changes and the comms chatter.
    Uss scenarios
    Headlight indicator

I'm quite excited for 3.3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12