Thread: I hav ships where I have never been...

I hav ships where I have never been...

I thought it was the Beta... But, nope, I checked out the live game and I found whole areas I've been, including one I have a ship at, shown as not visited. I also checked a system I discovered that has my name as first discovered by... Nope, I ain't been there neither...

Banking error in your favour. Keep smiling, but keep you mouth shut.

I noticed a similar thing, a while back.

I found a 5B (IIRC) fuel scoop with a shielded mod' applied, in my inventory.
    AFAIK, I've never bought a B-rated fuel scoop (A-rated all the way) and I've absolutely never engineered one.
    And it was in a system which, according to both the galmap and EDSM, I'd never visited before.

I was told, however that the game frequently fails to record systems that you have visited.
    Still doesn't explain how the fuel scoop got there though.

If you are referring to the galmap filter that shows visited/not visited systems:

It only records visited systems since whichever update it was added (2.2 or 2.3 IIRC)
    The data on visited systems is stored locally, so if you do a wipe & re-install, not only will you lose your keybindings, you'll lose this history too.

I use that filter quite regularly, I've travelled all over the place and each time I go somewhere I try to go via unvisited systems to grab a little extra exploration data for BGS points and still often come across systems I've visited before this filter was added.

Originally Posted by Riverside View Post (Source)
    If you are referring to the galmap filter that shows visited/not visited systems:

It only records visited systems since whichever update it was added (2.2 or 2.3 IIRC)
    The data on visited systems is stored locally, so if you do a wipe & re-install, not only will you lose your keybindings, you'll lose this history too.

I use that filter quite regularly, I've travelled all over the place and each time I go somewhere I try to go via unvisited systems to grab a little extra exploration data for BGS points and still often come across systems I've visited before this filter was added.
    Do you know if any of that stuff makes the bodies initially visible in a system disappear again?

I mean, when I went to investigate my "Phantom Fuel Scoop" I noticed that I had to honk before the scanner displayed the star or planets in the system - again, indicating it was a system I'd never visited.

Originally Posted by Stealthie View Post (Source)
    Do you know if any of that stuff makes the bodies initially visible in a system disappear again?

I mean, when I went to investigate my "Phantom Fuel Scoop" I noticed that I had to honk before the scanner displayed the star or planets in the system - again, indicating it was a system I'd never visited.
    No, I've not had that, or not noticed it at least. There are a few systems out towards Maia that are corrupted, I assume that's an issue where I honked or more the system before it became populated or was otherwise changed. There are a few gas giants I cannot select or see, but have DSSed their moons no problem.

I think for a long-time player a few glitches are inevitable, I'd guess my savegame is probably several Gb on FDev's servers by now.

I have ships where I have never been too.

I just need to exchange credits for them in the Shipyard.

I noticed a similar thing, a while back.

I found a 5B (IIRC) fuel scoop with a shielded mod' applied, in my inventory.
    AFAIK, I've never bought a B-rated fuel scoop (A-rated all the way) and I've absolutely never engineered one.
    And it was in a system which, according to both the galmap and EDSM, I'd never visited before.

I was told, however that the game frequently fails to record systems that you have visited.
    Still doesn't explain how the fuel scoop got there though.
    The amount of times people say
    I never did x y and z and then the journey shows they did

I'd go with human error, easy to buy a B rated fuel scoop of you just buy the most expensive one a star port has and don't pay attention

Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    The amount of times people say
    I never did x y and z and then the journey shows they did

I'd go with human error, easy to buy a B rated fuel scoop of you just buy the most expensive one a star port has and don't pay attention
    Well, this just got weirder...

I was going to say that, yeah. I might've forgotten to fit a scoop, realised, bought the best one I could and then swapped it for a proper replacement - ignoring the fact that would have meant I'd also decided to engineer the scoop and then leave it in a system that the game says I never visited.

However...

I just looked at the EDDB entry for Jemede (where this 7B scoop was located when I noticed it and then flogged it) and it seems that Jemede only has 2 medium-pad orbital platforms and neither of them have outfitting facilities.
    That would mean that I couldn't have docked any ship carrying a C7 scoop there and, even if I did, I couldn't have removed a scoop and left it in storage there.

Well, this just got weirder...

I was going to say that, yeah. I might've forgotten to fit a scoop, realised, bought the best one I could and then swapped it for a proper replacement - ignoring the fact that would have meant I'd also decided to engineer the scoop and then leave it in a system that the game says I never visited.

However...

I just looked at the EDDB entry for Jemede (where this 7B scoop was located when I noticed it and then flogged it) and it seems that Jemede only has 2 medium-pad orbital platforms and neither of them have outfitting facilities.
    That would mean that I couldn't have docked any ship carrying a C7 scoop there and, even if I did, I couldn't have removed a scoop and left it in storage there.
    You can land there and transfer it there so not impossible

Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    You can land there and transfer it there so not impossible
    Firstly, I guess so but that rather undermines the whole "bought as a temporary get-you-home module" thing.

Secondly, I'm not aware of any way to transfer a module to station that doesn't have an outfitting facility.

This should definitely be reported as a bug.
    The information you guys have on this is pretty detailed, so perhaps FDev can do something with this.

Originally Posted by Riverside View Post (Source)

Thanks, I thought that might be the case. I recently lost my hard dr1ve and that might be the culprit. I think I still have a copy of the old files, I wonder if there is a way to merge them...