Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Multicannon Question

  1. #1

    Multicannon Question

    I have been away for a a pretty long time and so much has changed, plus i barely engineered anythign before i left. i done some googling and it appears the incendiary mc does only thermal to hull? is that correct? So does an overcharged without the incendiary option do more hull damage and you're just giving up some shield damage in turn for not using that effect?

    And whats with the engineering now? When moving up thru the levels, the next level becomes available before the current level is complete and turns into check marks. Then you skip it and go to the next and the one before it goes all checked. its weird. so is there any reason to stay on a level until its all checked? you waste more materials it seems, but is there something that makes it worth it that i am not seeing?

  2. #2
    The only reason to stay on a lower level when you're engineering is if you are less then level 5 access and want to get higher, you can increase your level bar with "pointless" rolls.

    It can be a good way to level up 1-3 levels with materials like Iron, Nickel, Sulfur, etc.

  3. #3
    Well burning up other materials makes some sense. It seems you confirmed what i thought i was seeing, in that your level 5 outcome will be the same regardless if you stay on one level until it is completed or move to the next level as soon as it is unlocked, correct?

    Also not seeing any reason to not to pin a blueprint and run. It seems there is no real point in maxing out an upgrade while at the engineer, since even that same exact upgrade on the same exact module of the same exact size has to be started from scratch for each one. Is there a reason i am missing as to what benefit there is to upgrade at the engineer and not use a blueprint?

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by _Morbo_ View Post (Source)
    Well burning up other materials makes some sense. It seems you confirmed what i thought i was seeing, in that your level 5 outcome will be the same regardless if you stay on one level until it is completed or move to the next level as soon as it is unlocked, correct?

    Yes, no benefit in that the max G5 remains unchanged.

    Also not seeing any reason to not to pin a blueprint and run. It seems there is no real point in maxing out an upgrade while at the engineer, since even that same exact upgrade on the same exact module of the same exact size has to be started from scratch for each one. Is there a reason i am missing as to what benefit there is to upgrade at the engineer and not use a blueprint?

    Correct.
    Just pin the blueprint and make sure you do the experimental at the base, you can't do those remotely.

  5. #5
    TYVM for the info gentlemen.

    Now what about the incendiary effect? If looking for max hull damage, should it just be a plain G5 overcharge since it converts (some/most/all whatever the value is) from kinetic to thermal?

  6. #6
    Incendiary converts it all to thermal.

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by metatheurgist View Post (Source)
    Incendiary converts it all to thermal.

    I haven’t tested this myself, but the smart folks that do actually test report this.
    I believe that this is true in spite of some folks at Frontier thinking otherwise.
    So in the “official” blurb about incendiaries they say “a percentage” is converted, but the testers proved its “all” thermal damage.

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by _Morbo_ View Post (Source)
    TYVM for the info gentlemen.

    Now what about the incendiary effect? If looking for max hull damage, should it just be a plain G5 overcharge since it converts (some/most/all whatever the value is) from kinetic to thermal?
    Overcharged is the only multicannon mod. Corrosive is the best dps special, as it amplifies hull damage from all weapons. It's nice to have one incendiary for help stripping shields, one corrosive for the hull debuff and if you have space for more, autoloader.

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Aashenfox View Post (Source)
    Overcharged is the only multicannon mod.
    I disagree with this statement as high capacity is equally viable. High capacity has about 30% higher potential total damage vs an overcharged, with a sight (11-14%, something around there) bonus to RoF (and consequently DPS) when compared to stock.

    Four large high capacity autoloaders on a T-10 is a thing of beauty. So much DAKKA!

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by GoldenSilver484 View Post (Source)
    I disagree with this statement as high capacity is equally viable. High capacity has about 30% higher potential total damage vs an overcharged, with a sight (11-14%, something around there) bonus to RoF (and consequently DPS) when compared to stock.

    Four large high capacity autoloaders on a T-10 is a thing of beauty. So much DAKKA!
    Sounds like something I should try, I haven't used high cap since synth became a thing. Rapid fire isn't bad either, but I'm pretty sure overcharged is the king on paper.

    P.S. I'm a subscriber to rinzler dakka. Funship with 7 fixed overcharged autoloaders.