Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Apparent new discovery of alien life (on the live server) - Tubeworms

Originally Posted by Lightspeed View Post (Source)
    Imagine being the dev whose job it was to design those tubeworms. I'd have been so depressed by this time that my work had not been discovered. I hope he/she celebrates with a nice cup of tea!
    It's even worse than that. Imagine being that dev, and finding out the chief tool players are given to interact with those Tubeworms.

"Wow, great job Gary! I can't wait to see what they look like when the player shoot the carp out of them! Tea's in the cabinet next the coffee pods."

IIRC David Braben did say in a magazine interview some time ago that there was stuff in the game that no one had found. I guess this is the sort of thing he was refereeing to.

well, Alien life" can alway sbe sued as an excuse, but seirously, we can't land on non athmosphere planets, and now have non athmospheric Life? make snt much sense, because if thats what possibel we should find laods of those lifeforms.

Originally Posted by Rob Galaxy View Post (Source)
    Is the finding reportet to CANONN? -> https://canonn.science/codex/alien-tubeworms-hunt/
    It has now.

Originally Posted by Taen View Post (Source)
    It has now.
    Well, if nothing else my thread helped signal-boost the conversation a little to get the word to Canonn. Yay, I helped!

I feel a bit shameful about this...
    I only discovered the rarity of the "tubeworms" now, when i checked the forum today. Someone have send an mp about that, asking for my CMDR name, but on the moment i didnt' think it was important.
    For me, i thought that all "lifeform" (space-pumpkin, brain tree, thargoids,...) showed in trailer/FDev vid' was found long ago by "pro" of CANONN or other highly involved CMDR...

So, when CMDR Taen found them in beta, i was more interested in its unique Glowing Green Water Giant (because i'm on a trip). These "tubeworms" was "just" an nice bonus.
    I've never seen it "in game" before, so i made a stop on it (and recorded it, just because i love shiny).
    I not even once think it was an new discovery !

Originally Posted by Odengard View Post (Source)
    I feel a bit shameful about this...
    I only discovered the rarity of the "tubeworms" now, when i checked the forum today. Someone have send an mp about that, asking for my CMDR name, but on the moment i didnt' think it was important.
    For me, i thought that all "lifeform" (space-pumpkin, brain tree, thargoids,...) showed in trailer/FDev vid' was found long ago by "pro" of CANONN or other highly involved CMDR...

So, when CMDR Taen found them in beta, i was more interested in its unique Glowing Green Water Giant (because i'm on a trip). These "tubeworms" was "just" an nice bonus.
    I've never seen it "in game" before, so i made a stop on it (and recorded it, just because i love shiny).
    I not even once think it was an new discovery !
    Apparently my original response got lost. Odd.

I've felt very similar to you on this. The Worms really weren't on my radar, and I was mostly just excited with the G(H2O)G. The worms were a cool find, but very much secondary to the planet. Seems like we think very much alike, so I've sent you a PM about my current project, which I think you might be interested in.

With any luck we'll share credit on this.

Page 2 of 2 First 12