Thread: Apparent new discovery of alien life (on the live server) - Tubeworms

Apparent new discovery of alien life (on the live server) - Tubeworms

Can't determine the CMDR name if it's different from the Youtube username, but bravo.

Edit: Wasn't this a thing FDev showed screenshots or concept art for a while back, and everyone was saying it never made it into the game because it hadn't been found yet?

Forum name is Odengard same forum and Youtube avatar:
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post7140249

But I think he is CMDR Odegard from his travel map in this collection:
    https://imperiya.by/videoman/UC30FEn0EuEKcFP0WxQCqUxg

CMDR Buche, CMDR ANNWN, CMDR Stella Roma and CMDR CKW get a mention in this post:
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post2179939

And yes, good find.

Looks like they were originally found by CMDR Taen, Odengard was following in his footsteps:
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post7157107

Originally Posted by Lucifera Danzig View Post (Source)
    Can't determine the CMDR name if it's different from the Youtube username, but bravo.

Edit: Wasn't this a thing FDev showed screenshots or concept art for a while back, and everyone was saying it never made it into the game because it hadn't been found yet?
    We have been looking for it for a while, however the updated tools in the beta enabled an exporer to find it and narrow down its location and habitat, the player in live then used this information to look for it in live and found it in the expected area. These things can be hard to find, specially when they are restricted to a specific area of the galaxy, but I don't think any of us looking for them ever thought they weren't in the live game, just that they were hard to find, personally I never expected them to come out until we had the new tools, and that's exactly what happened.

Marvelous xeno-biological find by those CMDRs.

Now....What exactly do I get out of it when I murder them?

I found stuff on planets with the new mapping feature & then visited the same site in live by travelling to the same co-ordinates (only volcanic stuff for me). I guess they could have been in the game for a long time.

Originally Posted by Riverside View Post (Source)
    I found stuff on planets with the new mapping feature & then visited the same site in live by travelling to the same co-ordinates (only volcanic stuff for me). I guess they could have been in the game for a long time.
    Exactly, just very hard to find, in a lot of cases pure luck.

I had the opposite experience.

Testing out the new system found a site of water geysers. Lots of them. Went back to the exact location in live and nothing there at all. I am sure that while some things were certainly out there previously, others have been introduced to take advantage of the new system, which clearly enables the discovery of POI's.

Precisely. I have a feeling quite a bit has been in the game for a long time, but we just haven't been able to find it without the tools.

Imagine being the dev whose job it was to design those tubeworms. I'd have been so depressed by this time that my work had not been discovered. I hope he/she celebrates with a nice cup of tea!

Originally Posted by Faded Glory View Post (Source)
    I had the opposite experience.

Testing out the new system found a site of water geysers. Lots of them. Went back to the exact location in live and nothing there at all. I am sure that while some things were certainly out there previously, others have been introduced to take advantage of the new system, which clearly enables the discovery of POI's.
    I had the opposite, I knew where the stuff was in live, went there in Beta and it was missing, they tend to tweak this sort of stuff each update, so depending on the body and location some stuff will move around. Keep in mind there are now 50+ sites on some bodies, and even with complete surface surveys the max we found in live was in the low double digits, 15-20 max, so a lot may indeed have been added.

This is bad, you what this means. Vampires in space, we have to contain this strain.