Thread: Tornadoes are pointless(Challenge mode)

Tornadoes are pointless(Challenge mode)

Tornadoes are really pointless and don't add anything to the game. In fact I would say they are game breaking. All they do is give you a reason to reload 2 or 3 times. The only way to survive them is to follow behind them with the fence tool and try and replace the broken fences as quickly as possible. If you fail, your only option is to reload, Once two or three enclosures are ruptured it's automatically game over, and you have to reload. You can try and capture all the escaped dinosaurs but you will fail because you will be bankrupt within a minute.

I suggest either remove the tornadoes or make it viable to recover from them, a fun and immersive way of doing that could be to remove the Hammond foundation fee for 2 or 3 minutes after the a tornado.

I have read on forum posts some people save every five minutes and when a Tornado hits they immediately reload hoping that with the next storm there won't be one. Evidence that tornadoes are game breaking.

I'm really enjoying the game, but every time a tornado hit my instant thought is how many times am I going to have to reload now?

Originally Posted by kai555 View Post (Source)
    Tornadoes are really pointless and don't add anything to the game. In fact I would say they are game breaking. All they do is give you a reason to reload 2 or 3 times. The only way to survive them is to follow behind them with the fence tool and try and replace the broken fences as quickly as possible. If you fail, your only option is to reload, Once two or three enclosures are ruptured it's automatically game over, and you have to reload. You can try and capture all the escaped dinosaurs but you will fail because you will be bankrupt within a minute.

I suggest either remove the tornadoes or make it viable to recover from them, a fun and immersive way of doing that could be to remove the Hammond foundation fee for 2 or 3 minutes after the a tornado.

I have read on forum posts some people save every five minutes and when a Tornado hits they immediately reload hoping that with the next storm there won't be one. Evidence that tornadoes are game breaking.

I'm really enjoying the game, but every time a tornado hit my instant thought is how many times am I going to have to reload now?
    I would disagree.

Tornadoes pose a very real threat to your operations and are vital in the challenge they pose. The problem appears to have to do more with the frequency of the twisters versus ordinary tropical storms. On higher difficulties, especially Jurassic, tornadoes are overused which takes away from their pivotal role and makes them this annoying and dreaded event that is constant in nature leading to untold amounts of frustration. I agree that the Hammond Foundation fees are a little excessive on this difficulty seeing as they are so punishing on top of the disaster caused by the tornado that its overkill. I think we can agree that if we pulled back on the frequency of the cyclones and coupled that with some sort of leniency with the Hammond Foundation fees it would solve the problem and maybe we could also finally allow the tornadoes to kill guests and dinos alike. For instance, I think we agree that if the Hammond Foundation gives you an extra couple minutes or takes a smaller chunk of your money on account "disaster relief" efforts it would resolve itself nicely.

I just want to be able to change weather settings once I've five-starred.

There are so many things I want to do with Sorna, but the constant tornadoes keep me from getting anything done.

I had plenty of break outs on jurassic challenge mode and didn't fail. I beat it first attempt without reloading using only jeeps for repairing.

If you feel the need to reload each time a tornado hits, then I think you have completely missed the point of the mechanic. This game is easy enough to begin with, and you want to remove some of the challenge in "challenge mode"? This thread is pure gold!