Thread: Limpet Module Bay still incoming?

Limpet Module Bay still incoming?

Pardon me for anything I've missed, but I remember that a while ago (was it the start of Beyond?) there was official word that a combined Limpet Module Bay was being considered. It sounded pretty positive.

Have we heard anything since, and how does everyone feel about the idea now? Does the free Discovery Scanner justify closing the subject, or would it still be good for the game?

Myself, I think we still need it. The full range of Limpet Controllers is now:

Collector, Decontamination, Fuel Transferer, Hatch Breaker, Prospector, Recon, Repair, Research

My suggestion is that a Limpet Module Bay would give you one function for each class, up to Class 8 doing everything. My argument is:

1. It's not to the game's benefit to make 99% of players never carry Fuel, Recon or Repair Limpet controllers – they open up scenario content and make the game more varied.
    2. All modules should have a compelling reason to up-class them, and especially the lower internal spaces lack decision making.
    3. Doing everything won't be free – anyone who has a Class 8 and uses it for a Limpet Module Bay sure as hell deserves to do everything. (In fact, I doubt anyone would...)
    4. More realistic aims for versatility (Collector/Decontamination/Repair/Research for a Thargoid hunter) would be around Class 4, which is a nice size to put pressure on decision making for internal spaces that often go to HRP/MRP for Medium/Large ships.

What does everyone else think?

Originally Posted by Elyssaen View Post (Source)
    1. It's not to the game's benefit to make 99% of players never carry Fuel, Recon or Repair Limpet controllers – they open up scenario content and make the game more varied.

This is by far the most compelling argument for combined limpet controllers. I have almost never carried fuel limpets or repair limpets, as I'm sure most players don't. So we can't engage with any of the rescue scenarios even if we want to.

I would hope it is, generally for these reasons. (I am posting this so FDEV can see it hopefully.)

It's not to the game's benefit to make 99% of players never carry Fuel, Recon or Repair Limpet controllers – they open up scenario content and make the game more varied.
    QED

Sigh... I already posted about this in other threads, a couple of times, I'm getting the feeling no FDEV is reading this....

...but yeah, I agree.

I think FD are aware of the issue, and will come up with a better idea, when it is ready. Doesn't seem to be in Q4, or we would have seen it.

But in the meantime people will keep raising it again, because there are a lot of people who play the game and want it.

You have my support. It also helps address the absurd linear increase in limpets with exponential increase in mass of the controller. At least make them be like everything else in how they scale with size.

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    I think FD are aware of the issue, and will come up with a better idea, when it is ready. Doesn't seem to be in Q4, or we would have seen it.

But in the meantime people will keep raising it again, because there are a lot of people who play the game and want it.
    I would agree...except that all these very good suggestions - combined limpet control, atmos planets, NPC crew, etc - that people are genuinely requesting are all things that can be sold as paid-for DLC.

Nothing will be for free after Beyond as far as I can see.

I think they already confirmed it's not coming in Q4 at least.

THis must happen, and preferably in 3.3.