Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Console to PC question....

  1. #1

    Console to PC question....

    Recently, I paid for the PC version of ED Horizons. The reason for this is more players on PC. I know through what has been written in the forums plenty of times, that your total asset value from console/PC account can be transferred to PC/console one time only. However, I do not want to transfer all of my assets, only 50% of my credits. Can/Has this been done by anyone here? Just asking before I ask FDev.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Never heard of that being asked, and it wouldn't do any harm to ask anyway, the worst they can say is no.

    How much are we talking about anyway and how long have you been playing for?

    Sometimes I think it's quite good to start completely fresh.

  3. #3
    I agree no harm in asking. However you will know how to earn money if you start a fresh account, it may not take all that long to get it to a state you are happy with. Depends on how much cash you want I guess

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by Nick Sticks View Post (Source)
    Never heard of that being asked, and it wouldn't do any harm to ask anyway, the worst they can say is no.

    How much are we talking about anyway and how long have you been playing for?

    Sometimes I think it's quite good to start completely fresh.
    I've over 4.5K hrs on Xbone. Ideally I would like to transfer just 1 bil credits to my PC account. From there I can concentrate on unlocking the engineers/ships etc without grinding for creds - learn how to fly again using K&M (hard, however I can really see the potential advantage of K&M with respect to fixed weapons/interdicting - easier than a controller) and get back to what I like doing - pirating players. I'll ask FDev. Like you said, yes or no!

    I don't want to do a complete transfer as I still play on console.

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Nick Sticks View Post (Source)
    Never heard of that being asked, and it wouldn't do any harm to ask anyway, the worst they can say is no.

    How much are we talking about anyway and how long have you been playing for?

    Sometimes I think it's quite good to start completely fresh.
    You're right, I have a few places if I need creds, but, the bigger the ship, the more creds you make. I've said to myself I will use just small and medium ships on PC for piracy. Not doing the grind again for the biggies - it'll happen when it happens.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Hairy Polo View Post (Source)
    I've over 4.5K hrs on Xbone. Ideally I would like to transfer just 1 bil credits to my PC account. From there I can concentrate on unlocking the engineers/ships etc without grinding for creds - learn how to fly again using K&M (hard, however I can really see the potential advantage of K&M with respect to fixed weapons/interdicting - easier than a controller) and get back to what I like doing - pirating players. I'll ask FDev. Like you said, yes or no!

    I don't want to do a complete transfer as I still play on console.
    Yikes, just 1 billion LOL.
    I've played for years and have no where near that.
    Still, go for it!

    I couldn't think of playing without a HOTAS though.

  7. #7
    Interesting idea, I look forward to hearing FDev's response.

    However, by allowing you to keep your original account with all your ships, etc. you could effectively run a credit farm - possibly only once (I'd expect FDev to make any transfer a one-off).

  8. #8
    Once I get a response from FDev, I'll post the outcome here...

  9. #9
    I got a prompt response from FDev. They can only do a full, one time transfer of all assets. Partial transfer 'goes against the mechanics of the game'.

    They were more than happy to do this. There were some other caveats too.

    I think for now I'll leave my assets on xbox, but it's good to know they'll transfer if/when I want.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Nick Sticks View Post (Source)
    Yikes, just 1 billion LOL.
    I've played for years and have no where near that.
    Still, go for it!

    I couldn't think of playing without a HOTAS though.
    FYI - both consoles have a HOTAS now

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Snowymonk View Post (Source)
    FYI - both consoles have a HOTAS now
    Yes, a terrible one that is really just a reskinned gamepad. I have one.

    It pales in comparison to the glory that is Saitek.