Thread: KBM extension?

KBM extension?

I'm looking for a control pad that gives me extra keyboard bindings and not overwrite or replace my current keyboard setup. Ideally I want to plug this thing in and transfer my combat buttons over in a tighter configuration, but also leave other non combat functions on the keyboard.

Does something like this exist?

Thanks

Not sure if it's exactly what you are after, but I use an XBox 1 wireless controller, with a chatpad plugged in - hardly need to touch the main keyboard

Originally Posted by Covenant View Post (Source)
    Not sure if it's exactly what you are after, but I use an XBox 1 wireless controller, with a chatpad plugged in - hardly need to touch the main keyboard
    I would consider something like this only if it supplements my current setup; I don't want to replace it

There are control pads like the Razer Tartarus for instance which have keys, a thumbstick and scroll wheel.

I also use a logitech g13 (similar to razer cerberus and tartarus) for this kind of thing. Very good software and configs also saved to the device so that your don't have to reprogram then between machines.

Without a lot of faff plugging in a second keyboard (or numberpad etc) will only emulate the corresponding keys of your existing keyboard.

You could potentially use the throttle part of a HOTAS or something similar (like an XBox controller) which would give you extra buttons rather than just copies of existing ones.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I think I'll try a one handed keypad which might do what I want.

Originally Posted by Covenant View Post (Source)
    Nice, lots of extra buttons for the gamepad. Might ditch my Xbox360 controller for one of these.

I use a Belkin Nostromo N52 Speedpad, itís ancient but the drivers work fine with W10.

Bind keys, make macros, save setups etc.

You can get em on ebay.

Originally Posted by GunnerBill View Post (Source)
    I use a Belkin Nostromo N52 Speedpad, it’s ancient but the drivers work fine with W10.

Bind keys, make macros, save setups etc.

You can get em on ebay.
    I am envious of you guys with man caves where such setups are allowed to exist!

Originally Posted by Krash View Post (Source)
    Actually that whole setup just sits on my lap. Very compact and even looks like the actual in game controls - a bit!

http://derekspearedesigns.com/p1p2.html
    That company has a bunch of cool looking button boxes.

I have a pair of short VESA poles duct-taped to the arms of my chair. To these are attached (when in use) some VESA mounts with the HOTAS parts velcro'd to them. Various USB hubs are velcro'd to the poles so wires from HOTAS, ED Tracker, Headphones etc go to them. A single USB lead goes from the chaiir to my PC on the wall side of my chair so I don't get tangled.
    The keyboard is a Logitech G910S with 18 G-Keys in 3 modes, and a G502 mouse with abother 11 buttons.

It's still not enough, but it sits on my desk/chair, or underneath when not in use... (for short times I just swing the HOTAS mounts so they're hanging down from the chair). My partner has he setup across the room, similar but without a HOTAS since she prefers to swap out a joystick/wheel or flight yoke depending on the game... she has pedals under her desk too, something I'm missing.

Originally Posted by Krash View Post (Source)
    Allowed? My sincere condolences. My wife bought me unbidden in 2014 the CH HOTAS I use only for Elite; along with a 27" monitor when the old screen died this year. Might be time to find a new SO. >___>

No you can't have mine!