Thread: Teleportation between Beta and Non-Beta

Teleportation between Beta and Non-Beta

Hi all,

The new teleportation function, where when you log into the beta you are whisked out of the cockpit of your Type-10 and placed into a Type-9 in Boole Station, many light years away, is really fun, except for the fact that it completely wipes my T-10 from existence.

Whenever I log into normal E, I am where I was before (with my Type-10 perfectly intact). I have a Dolphin stored in Diaguandri.
    If I log into the beta, the Dolphin is still in Diaguandri but I am in Boole Station (in one of the HIP systems) with a fully trade-oriented Type-9. Interestingly, the Type-9 seems to be one I owned in the past, as it has the G3 Clean 7D thrusters I usually run and a G4 FSD. Even if I store my T10, it still disappears and I end up in the same situation.
    Again, this only happens in the beta: I logged out of the beta and back into normal E several times, and they appear to be two totally different timelines. Of note is that my Dolphin was only stored in Diaguandri quite recently, long after I stopped bulk-trading in a T9.

Is this just an issue with Frontier having a weird backup of my save or something?

Originally Posted by RELSPI View Post (Source)
    Hi all,

The new teleportation function, where when you log into the beta you are whisked out of the cockpit of your Type-10 and placed into a Type-9 in Boole Station, many light years away, is really fun, except for the fact that it completely wipes my T-10 from existence.

Whenever I log into normal E, I am where I was before (with my Type-10 perfectly intact). I have a Dolphin stored in Diaguandri.
    If I log into the beta, the Dolphin is still in Diaguandri but I am in Boole Station (in one of the HIP systems) with a fully trade-oriented Type-9. Interestingly, the Type-9 seems to be one I owned in the past, as it has the G3 Clean 7D thrusters I usually run and a G4 FSD. Even if I store my T10, it still disappears and I end up in the same situation.
    Again, this only happens in the beta: I logged out of the beta and back into normal E several times, and they appear to be two totally different timelines. Of note is that my Dolphin was only stored in Diaguandri quite recently, long after I stopped bulk-trading in a T9.

Is this just an issue with Frontier having a weird backup of my save or something?
    The backup of your save that FDev uses on the beta is always one or two weeks old.

Beta is a parallel universe from the live build, and as advised above, it's also a copy of your past live existence.

Don't get attached to anything there because it'll collapse in on itself at the end of its time, and you'll be back out in the real fake future instead of the test fake future. In the meantime, go and do super-risky and dangerous stuff because it's Beta. Make sure you're actually IN the beta before you do it tho.

Originally Posted by Tarman View Post (Source)
    Don't get attached to anything there because it'll collapse in on itself at the end of its time, and you'll be back out in the real fake future instead of the test fake future.
    LOL! I love this.

What happens in Beta, stays in Beta. Nothing you do in Beta will have any effect whatsoever on your Live account.

Originally Posted by Kzak View Post (Source)
    What happens in Beta, stays in Beta. Nothing you do in Beta will have any effect whatsoever on your Live account.
    Galmap filter / routing settings - you can take that setting out of the beta - always catches me out

Ah, alright. I didn't know Beta was a parallel timeline, although after further thought that seems... really obvious.
    Thanks!