Thread: Enclosure Naming

Enclosure Naming

Your Feature Request / Idea
    I recall Frontier explaining in the past why they allowed the player to name gates & buildings to help you organize your park better and for easy reference. I was always interested in why this never applied to the enclosure fencing, I mean wouldn't it be super helpful to name an enclosure based on what animal is residing within it?

I do that with the gates and viewing platforms. Naming the fences would make it more confusing I would think since they are in so many sections and don’t identify with just one piece.
    I always alliterate mine like the Pachy Pound or Metriacanthosaurus Mangrove to further help quickly identify location.

Originally Posted by DinoMaster9000 View Post (Source)
    I do that with the gates and viewing platforms. Naming the fences would make it more confusing I would think since they are in so many sections and don’t identify with just one piece.
    I always alliterate mine like the Pachy Pound or Metriacanthosaurus Mangrove to further help quickly identify location.
    Well, I was thinking that basically you just have to close the circuit, so to speak. If you have an enclosure completed, you name one part of the fence and the name carries over to all fence segments. Might create a slight issue if you are using one side of an enclosure for creation of another, but if that occurs its as easy as popping up a confirmation box if you wish to rename that portion of the fence or even just have it automatically changed and you can correct manually if you don't like the name overwritten.

There is just something about the viewing attractions that rubs me the wrong way with their naming. Its still just a viewing gallery, etc. and not the actual enclosure named. Enclosure naming based on the fencing actually allows for a much quicker reference point rather than being like: "Okay, Giga Viewing Platform" then proceeding to try and remember where that is not to mention having to scan a list of similarly named galleries (if you are organized in your naming conventions). Whereas if the enclosure has a name, I can quickly navigate to it and adjust as needed. This is particularly useful for larger exhibits which might have multiple viewing attractions attached. It would also be nice to have the enclosure name listed on the map once you've set it something that would be impractical to have for every viewing attraction and gate you named.