Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big money modules for a small ship

Originally Posted by Lysette View Post (Source)
    Well, the DBX is about 80% more expensive than the dolphin, if both are equipped with A grade modules - alone the 5A FSD of the DBX costs as much as a completely equipped dophin. I see no reason to not use the class 5 slot in a dolphin for luxury class passengers - if I don't do that, there are better ships with class 5 slots, but unable to equip luxury class cabins. Dolphin is made for luxury class passengers - and if I buy one, it will most likely feature business, first and luxury class - but for now my reputation might not be high enough to fill the dolphin on a regular basis with adequate passengers (adequate as in: if all it's cabins are filled, i expect to earn 2 million and up with this trip) - so far the fastest earner is my t6 - a flying brick, but it's a real work horse. So for now I guess I am not ready to be Etihad in space yet (but I am as well not Ryan Air, who are too greedy to order enough fuel to not have to declare an emergency, in case they are redirected - never ever fly Ryan Air, it's dangerous).

damned DBX shortcut - I always type DXB (Dubai international airport code) instead of DBX.
    As a point of information.
    The restricted use slot(s) on the Dolphin and the other Saud Kruger ships is available for any module in the forthcoming update which will increase their flexibility.

I like the Dolphin and use it for all sorts of non passenger work.

Originally Posted by aRJay View Post (Source)

I like the Dolphin and use it for all sorts of non passenger work.
    Except for scooping stuff I suppose:

Seriously, I want a Dolphin to make into a big motor home and go camping on atmospheric worlds when we are able to land on them. Then imagine space legs and building a campfire, maybe go fishing.... ahhhhh what a life.

Originally Posted by Mo Ronik View Post (Source)
    Seriously, I want a Dolphin to make into a big motor home and go camping on atmospheric worlds when we are able to land on them. Then imagine space legs and building a campfire, maybe go fishing.... ahhhhh what a life.
    Is this in the making?- I thought we can just land on those which do not have a thick atmosphere.

Originally Posted by Para Handy View Post (Source)
    Except for scooping stuff I suppose:

Yes scooping is virtually impossible in the Dolphin, my preferred ship for that would be the Chieftain.

It is a great shame that all 34th century cockpit designers seem to have been trained by the Golgafrinchans with their insistence that style and colour are the most important things and functionality is an afterthought.

Originally Posted by Lysette View Post (Source)
    Is this in the making?- I thought we can just land on those which do not have a thick atmosphere.
    Atmospheric landings is on the list of things that are going to be added to the game as is the ability to leave the cockpit and walk.

But at the moment we are stuck with hard vacuum and buggies.

And after fiddling with dolphin fittings a little more - without a luxury cabin - it is actually a quite versatile ship and costs less to upgrade than I expected. Jump range of 22-24ly with standard modules is not bad as well. I am going to build one now - economy, business and first class cabins (as if I would need it, I have already 3 different ships, which do exactly the same ). But well, a ship more in the hangar isn't bad.

Originally Posted by aRJay View Post (Source)
    Atmospheric landings is on the list of things that are going to be added to the game as is the ability to leave the cockpit and walk.

But at the moment we are stuck with hard vacuum and buggies.
    That would be great on an earth-like world - with forests, lakes, rivers - but then again, there could be really awful lifeforms on such a planet and who knows what kind of bacteria there are, where we haven't any immune defense yet. Just because it looks nice, doesn't mean, it would have to be nice. Most of nature isn't nice at all. Brutal competition to the most part with cutthroat methods - especially rain forests, they look so calm and plentiful - but it is a brutal battlefield, where plants fight for their lives with all kind of nasty methods - no, nature isn't that nice as it looks - and especially on an alien planet just getting in contact with local fauna and flora could be lethal.

This said,I would like to explore a moon like Pandora in the movie Avatar.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123