Thread: FD can be so frustrating at times

FD can be so frustrating at times

So I decided to do the guardian fighter run. 1st stop the beacon. Watched youtube how to do it, got the ancient key sitting in front of my conda, now I already new that a large ship would have problems. so I came prepared with collector limpets - but no they just blow up. So I can not get the key, cant nudge it.

I hate to be negative - but come on FD!

ok logged off/on and redid, the collected limpet still dyed but this time knocked the key out.

Originally Posted by CyberGrim View Post (Source)
    So I decided to do the guardian fighter run. 1st stop the beacon. Watched youtube how to do it, got the ancient key sitting in front of my conda, now I already new that a large ship would have problems. so I came prepared with collector limpets - but no they just blow up. So I can not get the key, cant nudge it.

I hate to be negative - but come on FD!

I did it with my exploroconda. 3 times. Try again. watch another youtube. There are far worse things to complain about than this.

The main way FDev "need to do better" regarding Guardian stuff is (IMO) to create more gameplay surrounding it.

Those Guardian Beacons are simply bloody awesome and it's a crying shame that they're sat in the middle of nowhere, just so that people can visit them for 5 minutes.

Seriously, c'mon FDev.
    Let's have the Guardian beacons become some kind of "jump-gate" in ED - part of a network that'll expand as we find more and more beacons.
    You know you want to.

^^^ so much this. Actually trying to get some friends to go there so I have an excuse to watch it again, totally worth the trip

Per other posts they did it with an Anaconda. Forget the limpets at a Guardian beacon. Go manually. Think baseball with a batter going for a bunt. You can nudge the ancient key even with a large ship (yes, it is harder...personally I used a Krait Mk II) to bat it away so can pick it up with a cargo scoop in open space.

I think you can even shoot the key to push it around.
    Also, an Anaconda is a bad choice for Guardian stuff. Many sites are pretty rocky and it's really difficult to land with a large ship there. Even had to leave my AspX behind one time and had to drive up to a ruin. I actually like that, by the way. Convenience is a stupid thing to have in games. It's boring.

What you meant to say, OP, was 'learning new things can be a challenge'