Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Mamba post patch

  1. #61
    Further thoughts after sleeping on it...

    We have the FDL to be "FDL'y" - the mamba should be it's own ship like it or hate it.

    Fast & sleek - Continue to think the original flight model is the way to go - buff it like you did with the orca; under weight hull big thrusters, better jump range, but at the cost of not being able to turn quite as well.

    I think pitch/roll is a good sacrifice for the extra speed and jump range.

    We need different things; if all the flight models converge on the same stats then it's a little bit silly.

  2. #62
    Originally Posted by Becky View Post (Source)
    Further thoughts after sleeping on it...

    We have the FDL to be "FDL'y" - the mamba should be it's own ship like it or hate it.

    Fast & sleek - Continue to think the original flight model is the way to go - buff it like you did with the orca; under weight hull big thrusters, better jump range, but at the cost of not being able to turn quite as well.

    I think pitch/roll is a good sacrifice for the extra speed and jump range.

    We need different things; if all the flight models converge on the same stats then it's a little bit silly.
    not for me!
    she has become a useless ship that only has front speed that is beaten more than rat in the bag if you engage combat!

  3. #63
    Enjoy Mamba with unlimited heat lvl's.


  4. #64
    Originally Posted by Prorokpl View Post (Source)
    Enjoy Mamba with unlimited heat lvl's.
    WOW

  5. #65
    That's almost as much heat as the old heat weapons would cause in less than 10 seconds.

  6. #66
    I liked very much the pre-nerf Mamba. Even with the heat. The boost nerf and the speed nerf are hilariously wrong, while the "buffs" are so small to make them useless.

    The post-nerf Mamba is not enjoyable to fly (for me anyway). I rarely fly the FDL, but the initial Mamba looked like ready to become one of my favorite ship.

  7. #67
    Originally Posted by Crimson Kaim View Post (Source)
    FDev explain the speed and boost nerf. Who has asked you to do this?
    I'm one of the ones that did. Most of the folks on Lave Radio who tested the ship felt it needed to be closer to a FDL to make it an alternative for PvP. Not being able to outturn a cobra was a problem on Bounty Hunting missions.

  8. #68
    Originally Posted by Phoenix_Dfire View Post (Source)
    I'm one of the ones that did. Most of the folks on Lave Radio who tested the ship felt it needed to be closer to a FDL to make it an alternative for PvP. Not being able to outturn a cobra was a problem on Bounty Hunting missions.
    Closer to the FDL? you do realize the stats on the FDL right? the current pitch on the mamba is that of a dropship right now. even with the "buff" to pitch speed.

  9. This is the last staff post in this thread. #69
    Hello Commanders,

    Thanks for all the feedback on this, the Mamba has been through a number of changes but balances and tweaks do still need to be made, and your comments will be taken into consideration. The Mamba balances we introduced in beta week 4 were an attempt to reduce issues with reverse speeds, but our feeling is that this just pushes it further away from its role as a "hot-rod" ship. We'll be looking at the speed and boost drain (although we want to avoid perma-boosting with stock), bringing it a bit closer to its original flight model in beta week 3.

    We working on getting these changes implemented as soon as possible, but due to time constraints these changes may arrive in a patch shortly after launch of Beyond Chapter Four.

  10. #70
    Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders,

    Thanks for all the feedback on this, the Mamba has been through a number of changes but balances and tweaks do still need to be made, and your comments will be taken into consideration. The Mamba balances we introduced in beta week 4 were an attempt to reduce issues with reverse speeds, but our feeling is that this just pushes it further away from its role as a "hot-rod" ship. We'll be looking at the speed and boost drain (although we want to avoid perma-boosting with stock), bringing it a bit closer to its original flight model in beta week 3.

    We working on getting these changes implemented as soon as possible, but due to time constraints these changes may arrive in a patch shortly after launch of Beyond – Chapter Four.
    And don't be afraid to bring a little heat back into this ship. It should generate more than usual just to have it as a quirk. Maybe don't allow total freedom of weapon loadout. That would be just fine. Make people think about the ideal loadout rather than just cram anything in now.

  11. #71
    Originally Posted by Crimson Kaim View Post (Source)
    FDev explain the speed and boost nerf. Who has asked you to do this?
    Balancing asked them to. I don't know why anyone would expect straight buffs...

  12. #72
    Originally Posted by CMDR Rusty Dog View Post (Source)
    And don't be afraid to bring a little heat back into this ship. It should generate more than usual just to have it as a quirk. Maybe don't allow total freedom of weapon loadout. That would be just fine. Make people think about the ideal loadout rather than just cram anything in now.
    You realize any 'quirks' in ship are just going to force people into engineering them out? It's not going to make the ship and its possible loadouts as unique as you think. When it was a heat monster look what happened 'thermal vent' this 'efficient' that... Boy, lots of thought there.

  13. #73
    Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders,

    Thanks for all the feedback on this, the Mamba has been through a number of changes but balances and tweaks do still need to be made, and your comments will be taken into consideration. The Mamba balances we introduced in beta week 4 were an attempt to reduce issues with reverse speeds, but our feeling is that this just pushes it further away from its role as a "hot-rod" ship. We'll be looking at the speed and boost drain (although we want to avoid perma-boosting with stock), bringing it a bit closer to its original flight model in beta week 3.

    We working on getting these changes implemented as soon as possible, but due to time constraints these changes may arrive in a patch shortly after launch of Beyond – Chapter Four.
    That's too bad. I didn't like the Mamba until week 4 because it finally feels like it's going where I point it. Slow pitching medium/small ships are simply not fun to fly.

  14. #74
    Originally Posted by Ziljan View Post (Source)
    That's too bad. I didn't like the Mamba until week 4 because it finally feels like it's going where I point it. Slow pitching medium/small ships are simply not fun to fly.
    Looking at the feedback, where this ship is now 'useless' and 'trash', I imagine it won't be 'balanced' until it's OP and keeps both agility and speed.

  15. #75
    If you want to limit the effectiveness of reversing, you need to add a speed bleed down to standard reverse speeds with FA Off, or address 0 falloff long range hitscan, not limit every ship's cruise speed

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast