Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is anybody actually using the Type-10 to fight flower ships?

Originally Posted by JetsonRING View Post (Source)
    I can fit the same number of AX weapons on a Krait as I can on a T-10 so why would anyone shell one a half-billion credits to purchase and A-rate a T-10 for Tharg fighting?
    Because I had the T-10 before the Krait was even around. The Krait now does the job I had the T-10 for beforehand, so my T-10 needed a new purpose.

I have one, not sure if I will keep. If fdev give it the ability to have 4 guardian and 2 AX weapons at same time I can see it being good. After all it was designed to fight thargoids. Give it something unique or special

A reason to have it as a ship basically

I did my first set of lvl4 Xeno USS last night. In a krait with 2 shards and 2 plasma chargers. Nabbed 12 of the blighters as a test run. Have returned to jamesons to fit out a t10. Full of shards and the rest multis. I left with 23% hull on krait. So now ive built a tank. Will find out tonight how that goes. Still cant get hang of turrets though. Never used turreted weapons before. I also ensured I have the guass and other in my store, so I can ship them over etc.

Is it 160 that kills off the infection?

Turrets, forward, target only or fire at will? Whats best? I think I shoved all my guardian weapons on the Large hardpoints and multi cannons on the others.

I see now why bi weaves are best. So when you overheat yourself, they spin up faster. The krait was good, but I would be back n forth for repairs to often. Plus I have a T10, which like my fave aspx, has a nice view and its a shame to have a t10 and do nothing with it. Peeved that I dont have black friday paint as pretty sure I bought all of them. maybe no t10 black friday paint.

Originally Posted by Prorokpl View Post (Source)
    (Krait FTW).
    Amen to that!

Type 10 is what happens when you let accountant design a warship.

Originally Posted by Member! View Post (Source)
    Type 10 is what happens when you let accountant design a warship.
    Yeah.... the thing certainly is an abortion of a ship. the Hardpoint config will haunt me to the grave....

but something about it draws me in. I just wish the weapon cap was removed and we had gimballed multi's... imagine the scout slaughter then!!!!

Originally Posted by Jaylem View Post (Source)
    Yeah.... the thing certainly is an abortion of a ship. the Hardpoint config will haunt me to the grave....

but something about it draws me in. I just wish the weapon cap was removed and we had gimballed multi's... imagine the scout slaughter then!!!!
    I love my T10. So lazy, and you feel like your drifting at every turn. Just make the top weapons turret lasers and throw a turret multi-cannon on the bottom 2 slot. Then add large missile racks, engineer, and you're golden. In fact, my T10 is literally golden.

That said, I have never used it for goids. Though, I've never killed goids, because they are friendly to me. I just wanted to say hooray T10!

It does do a good job against scouts, but.. those weren't even a thing when it was released, so if it was supposed to fight interceptors, there was some very, very questionable design going on here.

It's way too gigantic and slow to do well against interceptors, and the hardpoints have very bad convergence, with most not even mattering because you are limited to 4 weapons.
    Being so big, it also means there's no way you can outrun a caustic missile in time, and shooting down the thargon swarm will be tricky for sure.

For a ship that was in fact hastily cobbled together, it sure does feel as janky, weird and poorly thought out as it was supposed to be.
    To top it all off, it somehow manages to be WORSE than the type 9 in supercruise, despite having better thrusters! What a joke!

So, it's ok at killing scouts, one of the worst choices for fighting interceptors, and for everything else... it doesn't really offer that much. For me it was only funny to be slow and have lots of guns for about 5 minutes.
    Definitely the worst large combat ship, and Anaconda only costs about 20 million more.

Convergence on the T-10 is quite good if you group the weapons on each side rather than top and bottom. It seems to me it's intended to have multis on one side and flak on the other, since it just doesn't work split top and bottom. There's a few ships that have much better firing arcs and convergence if done that way. Like the Cutter, you get a lot more time on target split sideways rather top and bottom and trying to keep the enemy centred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12