Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25282930313235 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 548

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Not to sound ungrateful, but no love for LEP?

  1. #436
    Originally Posted by Flowey View Post (Source)
    Not having to pay more​ =! Not having to pay
    That is such a petty distinction, I dont even know why you'd bother with it. When I tell mates game X has an update, the common question is:"Is it free?". When I say "Yes." they respond with "Neat.". They dont assume they can play just the patch without buying the game, and they dont start a long faux-philosophical rant about the nature of constructs being free independently of the context in which they exist.

    So lets rephrase: to normal people, when you say a coffee after a meal, or a patch for a game, is free; people automatically know that it means you dont have to pay additionally for it. They also know they cant run into the restaurant at random times just to demand free coffee. Because they are normal people. So they understand that and dont complain endlessly about it; they just got a free espresso and a free update to a fun game.

    Neat.

  2. #437
    Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    That is such a petty distinction, I dont even know why you'd bother with it. When I tell mates game X has an update, the common question is:"Is it free?". When I say "Yes." they respond with "Neat.". They dont assume they can play just the patch without buying the game, and they dont start a long faux-philosophical rant about the nature of constructs being free independently of the context in which they exist.

    So lets rephrase: to normal people, when you say a coffee after a meal, or a patch for a game, is free; people automatically know that it means you dont have to pay additionally for it. They also know they cant run into the restaurant at random times just to demand free coffee. Because they are normal people. So they understand that and dont complain endlessly about it; they just got a free espresso and a free update to a fun game.

    Neat.
    Common doesn't mean correct, it's like mass and weight, it's not right to say you weight x Kg because Kg is a measure of mass but people still do it.

  3. #438
    Originally Posted by cpeyton94 View Post (Source)
    I don't understand this LEP thing, why do you guys want Frontier to take developers away from making free content and put them on making paid content. At this rate, Frontier are gonna develop something and just say, stuff it, this was originally gonna be free but lets just throw a price tag on it and call it premium content.

    All this talk of premium content and even after chapter 4 the game is still gonna need another year out to make core gameplay improvements. exploration and mining is done (arguably). But what about trading, piracy, stealth, smuggling, missions, salvaging, crime and punishment and all that. We are no where near premium content.
    Because as long as everyone gets stuff for free, LEP people aren't special. It isn't about what they get, it is about what they get relative to others. As long as they get more, or others get less, all is well. It doesnt matter much as there will be premium paid-for DLC in 2019, but it is a good example as to how petty people can be. Same as with them folks who insist noone else gets the Cobra MK4. They dont fly it, they dont want to fly it; they just want to sleep soundly knowing that they can fly it while other people cannot fly it even if they wanted to.

    And if that makes no sense to you, just be grateful your self esteem isn't dependent on you having the option to fly a fake spaceship you don't like in a computer game while a random stranger you never will know or meet cannot.

    Originally Posted by Flowey View Post (Source)
    Common doesn't mean correct, it's like mass and weight, it's not right to say you weight x Kg because Kg is a measure of mass but people still do it.
    Ha, okay. While extremely pedantic it is true.

  4. #439
    Originally Posted by babelfisch View Post (Source)
    I already posted the Oxford Dictionary definition above, you are wrong.
    Right. So your argument is based in the semantics of the word 'free' being used to denote a product or service for which no specific charge is made on a unit cost basis at point of delivery (as with 'free healthcare') But you do accept and indeed explicitly identify the fact that this does not mean you haven't paid for something, as with your 'free healthcare' example or as I pointed out, with your 'free' coffee?

    See, I thought we were having a discussion about whether you had in fact already paid for the updates in Beyond as part of the cost of the game. Your argument was that they were 'free'. But now you've made it abundantly clear that the word can be (in common use) applied to something which you have in fact paid for.

    If anybody wants a free Mars Bar I've got one you can have for a fiver.

  5. #440
    Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    Because as long as everyone gets stuff for free, LEP people aren't special. It isn't about what they get, it is about what they get relative to others. As long as they get more, or others get less, all is well. It doesnt matter much as there will be premium paid-for DLC in 2019, but it is a good example as to how petty people can be. Same as with them folks who insist noone else gets the Cobra MK4. They dont fly it, they dont want to fly it; they just want to sleep soundly knowing that they can fly it while other people cannot fly it even if they wanted to.

    And if that makes no sense to you, just be grateful your self esteem isn't dependent on you having the option to fly a fake spaceship you don't like in a computer game while a random stranger you never will know or meet cannot.
    It's about being told we'd get cosmetics instead of premium dlc /lep content this year, and then not getting it - and not hearing anything about it. But feel free to make us out to be some twisted dirt bags that are really just out to feel superior and force others to pay so we can enjoy being exempted from paying.

  6. #441
    Originally Posted by Chainguns View Post (Source)
    It's about being told we'd get cosmetics instead of premium dlc /lep content this year, and then not getting it - and not hearing anything about it. But feel free to make us out to be some twisted dirt bags that are really just out to feel superior and force others to pay so we can enjoy being exempted from paying.
    I answered a question about why people insist on wanting paid DLC over free DLC (like Beyond). They get both for free anyway, so the only difference is others have to pay for it. We've had a bunch of LEP folks outright say that too, btw. That it would be unfair if other people got the same as them, so they feel others should pay for stuff they get for free on general principle. Which is lame as heck in my opinion.

    As for the cosmetics; I dont see much of an issue. FD said LEP would get free cosmetics before this year is done, so I expect some announcement where you get a gift voucher or something when 3.3 launches and the year is closed. I can see why it would be nice to know now, but the most you'll have to wait is a month. When this year is done and you'd not have received anything, then you can complain.

  7. #442
    Originally Posted by cpeyton94 View Post (Source)
    I don't understand this LEP thing, why do you guys want Frontier to take developers away from making free content and put them on making paid content. At this rate, Frontier are gonna develop something and just say, stuff it, this was originally gonna be free but lets just throw a price tag on it and call it premium content.

    All this talk of premium content and even after chapter 4 the game is still gonna need another year out to make core gameplay improvements. exploration and mining is done (arguably). But what about trading, piracy, stealth, smuggling, missions, salvaging, crime and punishment and all that. We are no where near premium content.
    I donít think anyone here is asking for free content made especially for the LEP. Iím under the impression it will probably be stuff thatís already there, paint jobs and that.

    They have already started on the next major expansion and that will be the premium content. There was supposed to be some this year and it was canned. The free store stuff is to make up a bit for those of us that effectively paid for expansions in advance when they gave away a year free and had previously been told there would be premium content.

  8. #443
    Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    You didn't order the espresso. You got everything you ordered. You are not entitled to anything more. Yet you get an espresso without having to pay more. If that isn't free enough, you are just looking for stuff to be upset about. "But they did that on purpose to make the experience better knowing they would still run an acceptable profit!"

    Oh the humanity, you got a free coffee and they didn't even have the basic decency to go bankrupt in the process. How dare they, for shame. Lets all be really upset on the internet like the respectable adults we are.
    I am probably just not flexible enough to follow their mental gymnastics.

  9. This is the last staff post in this thread. #444
    Hi everyone,

    Just wanted to jump in here and address a few points. First of all, thanks for you remaining considered and reasonable with your feedback, we're able to pass this information and sentiment on very quickly.

    The Lifetime Expansion Pass holders are still set to receive something this year. Currently we don't have any more to say on that topic right now, but keep an eye on the usual channels as we'll have more for you very soon.

    With regards to what's coming next, we aren't ready to talk about it in any detail, and we're still hard at work on Beyond - Chapter Four, but as previously mentioned here by Zac, "A while ago, our development went from pre-production into full production on our next major milestone of Elite development." We'll let you know when we're ready to start talking about further details, and to echo what's said above, you'll be able to find more information on our social channels and here on this forum, but please continue to be patient while we work hard on releasing Chapter Four.

    Your continued support is really important to us, and we're extremely grateful for the time you've been on this journey with us (can you believe it's been more than four years!) It's really cool to see the same names time and time again in the forums, on the livestreams and engaging with us on social media... it makes doing our jobs an absolute pleasure!

    Cheers!

    Ed

  10. #445
    Originally Posted by Red Anders View Post (Source)
    Right. So your argument is based in the semantics of the word 'free' being used to denote a product or service for which no specific charge is made on a unit cost basis at point of delivery (as with 'free healthcare') But you do accept and indeed explicitly identify the fact that this does not mean you haven't paid for something, as with your 'free healthcare' example or as I pointed out, with your 'free' coffee?

    See, I thought we were having a discussion about whether you had in fact already paid for the updates in Beyond as part of the cost of the game. Your argument was that they were 'free'. But now you've made it abundantly clear that the word can be (in common use) applied to something which you have in fact paid for.

    If anybody wants a free Mars Bar I've got one you can have for a fiver.
    My plumber recently fixed some small thing for me, when I asked him what I need to pay he said nothing, it's free. He probably lied to me because I already paid him another time when he came a few months before that.

  11. #446
    Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    I answered a question about why people insist on wanting paid DLC over free DLC (like Beyond). They get both for free anyway, so the only difference is others have to pay for it. We've had a bunch of LEP folks outright say that too, btw. That it would be unfair if other people got the same as them, so they feel others should pay for stuff they get for free on general principle. Which is lame as heck in my opinion.

    As for the cosmetics; I dont see much of an issue. FD said LEP would get free cosmetics before this year is done, so I expect some announcement where you get a gift voucher or something when 3.3 launches and the year is closed. I can see why it would be nice to know now, but the most you'll have to wait is a month. When this year is done and you'd not have received anything, then you can complain.
    ahhh come on that is dishonest!.. whilst i wont say NO ONE has ever said that! the simple reason is logic.

    Beyond has been ok as a polishing exercise and has undoubtely made the game better in may areas for many people.................... but When i personally say i would like premium content i mean absolutely NEW content like EVA around my ship, and the ability to get out of my seat and do repairs

    OR the ability to land on different planet types and have complex missions which make use of that content
    or an indepth npc crew member system (both ship crew and wing mates)

    BUT i personally think it is unlikely to be realistic to expect FD to develop this completely free of charge. hell if i am wrong and FD want to release a full blown expansion the size of horizons but with atmospheric worlds with new biomes and a complex errosion system complete with tunnels and full wildlife completely free of charge then great.

    however i would suggest the person asking for this and for it to be completely free is the person who is being totally unfair, not those who are asking for it, fully appreciating it needs to be paid. (and they HAVE paid for it, the fact they paid in advance is neither here or there really).

    My biggest fear of all is that if your wish was to come true and it WAS free, then FD would have to monetise it some other way, which would mean even more stuff in the cash shop and less stuff earnable ingame... and as i have said in the past, i am not interested in stuff in the cash shop, even IF it is gifted to me free of change, the only stuff i am really interested in in game is stuff i can earn with my in game character.

  12. #447
    Originally Posted by Chainguns View Post (Source)
    It's about being told we'd get cosmetics instead of premium dlc /lep content this year, and then not getting it - and not hearing anything about it. But feel free to make us out to be some twisted dirt bags that are really just out to feel superior and force others to pay so we can enjoy being exempted from paying.
    Actually they said we would get something with the release of 3.3 if I remember correctly, which isn't released yet. You don't have a point (yet).

  13. #448
    Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    Hi everyone....
    Thanks Ed, appreciate the post!

    Any update on the hula-girl bobbleheads.....

  14. #449
    Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    As for the cosmetics; I dont see much of an issue. FD said LEP would get free cosmetics before this year is done, so I expect some announcement where you get a gift voucher or something when 3.3 launches and the year is closed. I can see why it would be nice to know now, but the most you'll have to wait is a month. When this year is done and you'd not have received anything, then you can complain.
    You haven't been following the thread then. It's about time limited store offers - if Frontier want to give us lepers store credit instead of a premium expansion, it would not hurt to announce it now, before we buy everything we want in the black Friday/advent sales. If we just curled up in a corner and waited until 1 January 2019 as you suggest there might be no more store content that we want because we'd have paid for it so as not to lose out before it gets taken off the store. At that point Frontier has fewer remedy options for anyone complaining

  15. #450
    Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    Hi everyone,

    Just wanted to jump in here and address a few points. First of all, thanks for you remaining considered and reasonable with your feedback, we're able to pass this information and sentiment on very quickly.

    The Lifetime Expansion Pass holders are still set to receive something this year. Currently we don't have any more to say on that topic right now, but keep an eye on the usual channels as we'll have more for you very soon.

    With regards to what's coming next, we aren't ready to talk about it in any detail, and we're still hard at work on Beyond - Chapter Four, but as previously mentioned here by Zac, "A while ago, our development went from pre-production into full production on our next major milestone of Elite development." We'll let you know when we're ready to start talking about further details, and to echo what's said above, you'll be able to find more information on our social channels and here on this forum, but please continue to be patient while we work hard on releasing Chapter Four.

    Your continued support is really important to us, and we're extremely grateful for the time you've been on this journey with us (can you believe it's been more than four years!) It's really cool to see the same names time and time again in the forums, on the livestreams and engaging with us on social media... it makes doing our jobs an absolute pleasure!

    Cheers!

    Ed
    Thanks Ed, looking forward to finding out what's planned.

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25282930313235 ... LastLast