Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Me, when I saw the Beta End announcement...

dunno, how about a very highly finished polished beta build first?

Originally Posted by 777Driver View Post (Source)
    Not necessarily, they release when ready, could still be a while before it rolls out.

@SenseiMatty - Will be hard going back to the live build, guess I'll start recalling some of the fleet back to Shinrata in the live build, get em ready for the upgrades.
    Maybe, but I suspect that this last extra week of beta is a filler week so that people have the option to play the game they want. The notion that it's for BGS testing doesn't seem quite right since most of the BGS is currently deactivated in beta.

Originally Posted by M00ka View Post (Source)
    after using the new system in Beta I swore I would never use the God Honk!
    You don't have to use it in live either right.. its only a problem if you turn on the system map. Not a bad experience that is if you ask me.. worth a go one last time before its gone.

I do hope they address the balancing and mechanic issues with mining given it's clearly one of, if not the, major addition to this release. If the game's release with the PWS still working the same way.... *sigh*

Still don't understand how those issues made it to beta TBH, without anyone at FD seemingly raising an eyebrow?

Should a dedicated explorer wait for the Phantom or is it better to have the MK2 with the SLF?

Originally Posted by Lily from anim.o.v.e View Post (Source)
    dunno, how about a very highly finished polished beta build first?
    Even the live release isn't going to be polished, and will need five patches to get to the roughly hewn, but largely serviceable, state.

Originally Posted by Krash View Post (Source)
    Should a dedicated explorer wait for the Phantom or is it better to have the MK2 with the SLF?
    Do you like SLFs?

If you do, the answer is pretty straight forward.

Decisions, decisions...

Well for me, I'll be outfitting and up grading a Cobra IV for mining in my main account... Not sure what to do with my second account.

8. This is the last staff post in this thread. #23
    Originally Posted by CmdMarty View Post (Source)
    Right and be able to keep our progress too!
    What happens on PTS, remains on PTS.

As a dedicated explorer I wold take neither, only the Anaconda or T-10 (I like to pack everything including the kitchen sink) For exploring whilst traveling light, MK2 trumps the Phantom in my books.

Sign me up on the "not touching live until I get my FSS back" crew. I'm far from the nearest port and I'm not fine with honking about anymore.

I do hope they address the balancing and mechanic issues with mining given it's clearly one of, if not the, major addition to this release. If the game's release with the PWS still working the same way.... *sigh*

Still don't understand how those issues made it to beta TBH, without anyone at FD seemingly raising an eyebrow?
    It seems a large portion of the beta was for testing that it worked first, then to worry about the balance. They fixed motherlode mining already by adding in the new materials. Now it's just a matter of subsurface mats and it'll be a good place.

I'm more interested in a final balance pass for the Mamba. Fixing the heat issue but then nerfing it all around seemed silly. Fix the heat, but keep it the way it was!

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    What happens on PTS, remains on PTS.
    Huh what? You guys experience the Beta as Post Traumatic Stress?
    That's not a good sign my dear fellow, not good at all

Originally Posted by Azirphaeli View Post (Source)
    I'm more interested in a final balance pass for the Mamba. Fixing the heat issue but then nerfing it all around seemed silly. Fix the heat, but keep it the way it was!
    They didn't nerf it all-round, the changes are a net improvement to it's combat capabilities...it's just less unique than it was was before, which makes it's niche even smaller.

Originally Posted by Morbad View Post (Source)
    They didn't nerf it all-round, the changes are a net improvement to it's combat capabilities...it's just less unique than it was was before, which makes it's niche even smaller.
    Well, I guess that's what I mean by nerf. I don't want new ships to be "better" than other ships, I want them to feel different. The mamba had a heat issue, but the way it moved felt different enough from the FDL to make it feel like like a new ship. Now they fixed the heat, but also made it feel like an FDL with different hardpoints. Meeeeeh.

Don't worry, The Beeta™ never actually ends, it just gets moved to the live servers. You'll have plenty of time to run into bugs and report them after deployment.

Originally Posted by Havvk View Post (Source)
    Why? That just means we can get the full thing released soon
    for me, thats even more a reason to post the meme of the OP.
    there are still so many unresolved things about the new mining system, FSS and whatever new mechanics got into the beta.

i am still waiting for the promised "lighting upgrade". currently i only see post processing effects applied that we could have done with reshade too,
    and fake light from dark sides beeing removed in exchange for night vision.
    The engine still doesn't support multiple stars as light sources.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12