Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Testing BGS ? Yes. But what ?

Originally Posted by Prorokpl View Post (Source)
    Testing BGS be like: oh cool I am gonna see if missions work, oh wait...
    What's that security state? I need to get used to what those bars mean, don't I ....

Adam,

link to the BGS beta discussions in the BGS subforum in case you werent watching it:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ssues-comments

It has links to a number of bug reports.

Unfortunately many of us have given up on beta testing. Days of wasted effort due to lost ticks is a real enthusiasm damper.

Edit: You might want to be prepared for the Forum Shipstorm once 3.3 goes live. Not everyone has been following developments as closely. I would suggest a written explainer of how conflicts are supposed to work so you/we can link them.

Originally Posted by Schlack View Post (Source)
    Edit: You might want to be prepared for the Forum Shipstorm once 3.3 goes live
    We should talk about changes to the Mamba in a different thread

But back on topic: I'm not going back to waste more time testing in beta when the tick is so unreliable and scenarios get randomly turned off without notice. A shame as I wanted to check out more of the states, guess I'll test in live and hope it's more reliable there.

4. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #19
    Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    We should talk about changes to the Mamba in a different thread

Scenarios get randomly turned off without notice.
    The only time I'm aware of that scenarios were turned off was the thargoid ones that went out earlier than we wanted. Are there other issues?

Originally Posted by Adam Bourke-Waite View Post (Source)
    The only time I'm aware of that scenarios were turned off was the thargoid ones that went out earlier than we wanted. Are there other issues?
    Those are probably the ones - the wrecked megaship scenarios? Seemed to be working fine, told people to check them out, followed by lots of annoyed people unable to find them. AFAIK still MIA.

6. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #21
    Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    Those are probably the ones - the wrecked megaship scenarios? Seemed to be working fine, told people to check them out, followed by lots of annoyed people unable to find them. AFAIK still MIA.
    They are in the game now so please do check them out.

7. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #22
    Originally Posted by Schlack View Post (Source)
    Unfortunately many of us have given up on beta testing. Days of wasted effort due to lost ticks is a real enthusiasm damper.
    Hi having heard this a lot I have spoke with Dav. The BGS tick was missed between the 15th and the 18ths of November due to changes we had to make, apologies for that. However, it has run every day since. If you have seen issues with it we would really appreciate exact details on your inputs, the factions and systems involved and the outputs you expected and the outputs you saw.

Thanks,
    Adam

Hi having heard this a lot I have spoke with Dav. The BGS tick was missed between the 15th and the 18ths of November due to changes we had to make, apologies for that. However, it has run every day since. If you have seen issues with it we would really appreciate exact details on your inputs, the factions and systems involved and the outputs you expected and the outputs you saw.

Thanks,
    Adam
    I would say it was broken over last weekend as well - I did work in Arine for Canonn (probably Thursday, Maybe Friday) to try and get us into the top happiness setting, but while the in-system news showed an influence change the sysmap / squadron page did not (similar to what happened on Live last tick). (So the news was showing Canonn at 60+%, sysmap as 54.5% from memory).

It did show up by Monday, so I would say updates were broken much of time between Thursday & Monday. Sorry I can't be more accurate - as my testing failed before I could even determine when the tick was I lost interest in further experiments ...

That's good to know - I have tried all those but will check if they are back again, as they are fun

I agree with that: it's really difficult to test anything related the new BGS "tactically speaking" if we don't even know what is intended to work in some way and what is not.

I understand why you guys try to keep the BGS inner mechanisms as secret as you can but trust me: it's useless, as people did with the BGS actual present in live, they did the same with this new BGS as well.

So... isn't it better to just tell us what did you do so that we can elaborate something better together? I don't say we need numbers but... without some numbers it's really impossible to do anything at all. It's like asking tribe people to test a car, we don't have the basic informations to help you.

Where? One in Maia sure does not work. (it is broken megaship but there is no scenario in it) You told us that in beta all activity of thargoids will be in Maia. So?

12. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #27
    Originally Posted by Prorokpl View Post (Source)
    Where? One in Maia sure does not work. (it is broken megaship but there is no scenario in it) You told us that in beta all activity of thargoids will be in Maia. So?
    I'll get someone to take a look why.

13. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #28
    I'll get someone to take a look why.
    This should be sorted now. Please take a look and let me know!

I have retested the tests I did earlier in beta which showed that CZ scenarios were having no discernable effect. Will report back here after the next beta tick. An announcement of when the tick has supposed to have taken place in beta would help a load with the process.

It would also help to know when the new expansion mechanic is back - since its currently working as in the live build.

This should be sorted now. Please take a look and let me know!
    Can you tell me what is the scenario I should test? I am in Maia at broken megaship. It'sburning, I can scann it and hack or repair hull breaches. But there is no mission, no NPC's, no Thargoids, no one is talking to me. So what is the scenario?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast