Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Consider resetting space anomalies locations once 3.3 goes live

Consider resetting space anomalies locations once 3.3 goes live

First of all, I've nothing but respect for all the players that are putting uncountable hours into finding all the space anomalies in the beta. At the same time, tho, I really don't agree with FDev policy of leaving so many in in the first place (it doesn't seem an issue but a conscious choice, since FDev employees are even retweeting screenshots of said anomalies, e.g., https://twitter.com/saysallymay/stat...27500483022848) but for now I just hope that only a small portion of what has been added to the game has been "leaked", although that's hard to believe given the amount of stuff already found.

This being said, I think it's essential to move all the anomalies and their content to different places when 3.3 goes live, for two main reasons:
    1) I'm sure that, for as many cmdrs readily published their findings disregarding personal fame, there're as many that are just "sitting" on them, waiting for 3.3 to hit to get those juicy First discoveries in the codex
    2) Xbox and PS4 players didn't have a chance to look for anomalies in the beta, giving them a big disadvantage in the upcoming "gold rush"
    3) It will (maybe) give a (remote) chance that said "gold rush" won't be finished in the first 24hrs after 3.3 goes live. We've seen in the beta that a dedicated CMDR can scan a TON of systems for anomalies quite quickly, and already knowing the locations and the spawn patterns of a (hopefully not big) part of the different anomalies will make it even easier.

To conclude, let me reiterate that I really really hope the amount of anomalies available in the beta was a well thought choice to create some exploration hype and not an oversight

Agreed, this is a good idea. I also hope that there is A LOT more stuff to be found out there. I am basing my opinion (which is very good!) of this new pach on the assumption that we've only been shown a glimpse of new stuff to discover.

I have purposefully avoided any spoilers, but being a very engaged player it was only inevitable that I already saw a few leaked stuff.

Totally agreed. It's basically counterproductive to keep the anomalies where they are supposed to stay, to avoid explo-sniping from explo-griefers. People tend to camp just looking on EDSM, I can't imagine the proportion of what it would be with infame Infos for such bodies and Twitter posts out already. This is a need, for a fair game after the release

Totally agreed. Beta's were much better when we didn't have all the new stuff found during the beta. Not going to be much point in going exploring once things go live Please reconsider this for the next beta FD.

Agreed. I'm actually surprised they put any of that stuff in the beta - surely it should have been more about the mechanics and tools than the new discoveries. I don't think any of the anomalies were necessary for testing the gameplay and mechanics, right?

I hope not but expect that everything interesting will be "found" within a couple days of release again.

Hey, guys, don't worry, everything discovered so far is just a "vertical slice" of the content!!!!!!11!!1!!1!!!

Agreed. When any beta goes live, things like this should be moved to new locations so everybody starts on a level playing field.

Agree but I'm pretty sure that FDev mentioned that stuff in the BETA was far from being all what we can discover out there....we didn't saw anything dangerous (they said they would add dangerous stuff), nothing new on planetary surfaces....they've only leaked what was seen in the 3.3 trailer (except lightnings)...and teasing is good for the game

Being a PS4 player I can't wait to try all this new stuff and discover space anomalies !!!!

I fully agree with this suggestion. Part of the fun of new content being added to the game is finding it but if it's already been found in beta, then we miss out on that fun.

Personally, and I don't know if it's technically possible, I wouldn't turn on the, new to be discovered, content until 24 hours after release to give everyone time to download the update.

It's players discretion.

I went to one of the Clouds in Prai Hypoo, really just to see how those thing showed up in the FSS.

I'm personally not bothered if Frontier move them or not, because it was never my intention to hunt these out in Beta. In fact there were quite a few things that I was wanting to do or see but held off. During my travels in Beta, I found quite a few ELW, WW & Ammonia's. Didn't even bother noting their systems or checking if they'd been tagged in the Live game!

I can wait for the Live version to go & find stuff, if it's all about tagging & being first though........I past that point of achievement seeking long ago.

Originally Posted by rootsrat View Post (Source)
    Agreed, this is a good idea. I also hope that there is A LOT more stuff to be found out there. I am basing my opinion (which is very good!) of this new pach on the assumption that we've only been shown a glimpse of new stuff to discover.

I have purposefully avoided any spoilers, but being a very engaged player it was only inevitable that I already saw a few leaked stuff.
    Yeah, tried to avoid spoilers as well, but wasn't able to avoid headlines though and all the screenshots. Things like threads named "GIGANTIC SPACE LOACH FOUND!" which of course is just a made up example...
    I would very much like to see more interesting stuff and what I would love to see eve more are NATURAL PHENOMENA. Why does it always have to be aliens?!? Why not meteorite impacts on the surface, white dwarfs eating other stars, comets... Things that we know happen in space for real. That would be awesome.

Well I guess I am one of those beta explorers..
    Moving them may cause problems, finding new viable locations with stellar forge criteria for said things might need to remake systems just so they fit presumed criteria.

Testing must be done as yesterday I found a bug causing crash to desktop everytime.
    Wouldn't be good that going into live, over Xmas and having to wait for fixes.

Little or no info available on what these new things are, so
    I'm sure the real content will be far greater than the few locations we have explored.
    Personally I feel there is a load of new stuff, and we have just seen a glimpse of what is out there.

PS I visited Sol, saw earth in beta, omg. Move earth! Can't have earth where it should be, it was seen in beta

Originally Posted by PanPiper. View Post (Source)
    PS I visited Sol, saw earth in beta, omg. Move earth! Can't have where it should be, it was seen in beta
    We do not exaggerate. The example of Sol System is more unique than rare. There was before the Beta 3.3 and there will be even later. Do not climb on the windows to bring water to our mill.

Here we talk about those procedurally inserted contents (because I do not believe the FDevs inserted them, by the thousands, one by one).

It is asked to move them to locations, so that they can be discovered, with equal probability, by all the players after the release.

It seems to me a reasonable, very rational proposal. I am amazed that these things have been included in the beta, as they are not complex mechanics to be tested.

Most likely proc generated yes to ctiteria
    Testing required Imo, can never guarantee procgen works as expected. Two major bugs, one was fixed in beta 3.
    Best have it working for release rather than a 12klyr trip to find it bugged, then awaiting a patch fix cross platform which can take time to arrange.

Imagin the Xmas salt fest when folk ask, 'didn't anyone test it before releasing?'

Oh it was three major bugs, just remembered another one

Testing must be done as yesterday I found a bug causing crash to desktop everytime.
    Wouldn't be good that going into live, over Xmas and having to wait for fixes.
    Ehy Pan, let me reiterate here: I absolutely agree such things must be tested thoroughly, and often hand-placing a thing to test will cause bugs not to be triggered properly due to different conditions. My argument is just about giving everyone a fair chance once 3.3 goes live. Oh, and about reducing the amount of spoilers too, you can use internal testings for that. For example, I'm sure they're testing thargoid mothership internally right now without spoiling them in the beta *wink wink*

Little or no info available on what these new things are, so
    I'm sure the real content will be far greater than the few locations we have explored.
    Personally I feel there is a load of new stuff, and we have just seen a glimpse of what is out there.
    I wish I could have the same confidence, but for now it's just hope ;-)

Oh and just as an addition, I would very much prefer to have a three phases beta, which would also remove the spoilers at least for some people:
    Phase 1: closed, restricted beta. A small number of expert and dedicated players *under NdA* gets early access to the beta, gets directed on very specific things to try (i.e., the spoilery ones), report.
    Phase 2: closed, unrestricted beta. Every player that bought beta access can enter the beta, (most) spoilery things are removed.
    Phase 3: open beta. Everyone can enter the beta, mostly for stress testing purposes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast