Page 2 of 2 First 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Killer NPC? Black Ghost? What the HELL!!!!!

>Playing in Elite Dangerous (Not Horizons)

>my fully engineered top grade, trade Corvette

Uh, what.

Originally Posted by AzraelDirge View Post (Source)
    >Playing in Elite Dangerous (Not Horizons)

>my fully engineered top grade, trade Corvette

Uh, what.
    Not going there...

I mean, I consider using a Vete for non-combat purposes heresy. But I'm more curious how he got it "top grade engineered" without Horizons.

Originally Posted by AzraelDirge View Post (Source)
    I mean, I consider using a Vete for non-combat purposes heresy. But I'm more curious how he got it "top grade engineered" without Horizons.
    or indeed ANY kind of engineered, but as I said... it's your barge-pole, you touch it...

Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post (Source)
    or indeed ANY kind of engineered, but as I said... it's your barge-pole, you touch it...
    I'm down.

OP, what gives. Your story is fundamentally flawed.

i think there might be jump-in programming in ED, it might have been something like that, despite denials here or elsewhere.

the number of times i've reported discrepant crashes and behaviour when fighting against federation targets, has become near-pointless, and from my experience, sometimes the TIMING of them, is too close and repetitious of the same timing,.. to be a coincidence, when they've not happened in the same way / repetitions, against non-federation - i won't bother going through them here... but i would not be surprised at all, if a kind of simulation-mode is possible at one's server,

and one's privacy can in effect be invaded, but also a jump-in mode.

i also think active-file access, might have been accidentally (or otherwise) ... not prevented FULLY, at servers, and sometimes active files are screwed around with by VERY dishonest, server admins. one of the best ones i never got anything but an excuse for, was a one moment it was there... the next moment it was not...

for a type of module at outfitting, for a port i'd already loaded, and was STILL with the outfitting window open,.. the same INITIAL files having been loaded for the same outfitting,.. in other words...

i started to fit some extra hullR,.. went to answer a phone, or get a coffee or something... came back... still open, still the same loading,.. and i do mean that distinctly... not re-loading the same one... window still open, everything fine... i sit down, try to keep installing the remaining ones...

and all of a sudden, none available of any class 4Ds, 3Ds, 2Ds... nothing.

i made a report, about how active files, or SOMEthing... at the server must've happened, to either deny confirmation of what's meant to be available via one's client-end interactions... or, remotely edited my local files, with the assumed-trust inbuilt into the program.

-------------

the reponse i got was a load of bull about periodic updates, and how i just must have been unlucky enough to've sat down after it had ticked over.

i checked the times... there was no break, no coincidence... if it had been at the end of the day, or something, sure...

but the guy was just outright wrong,.. but that is the to-be-believed 'expliantion'.

a LIE, morelike, and ever since, i do not necessarily trust a word, that comes from frontier.

they trickle-down the lies, while treating players like lab-rats sometimes, or worse, they do nothing about server-trust MIS-use, like has happened to me on many occasions.

i would not be suprised at all, if it was a quite well prepared, active-file manipulation, followed by a jump-in special-server-function.

a bit like a camera-mode...

once you're in it... an additional button to switch to "fly-as-AI" ... or something.

combine that with a active-file edit...

and you could control a modified AI.

-------------------

ive suggested Frontier do a adminstrator-files allowance/denial , in terms of the windows security-tab permissions AUDIT... of the game... to disallow network admins, almost everything, in every directory, and then only allow REMOTE from the master-servers in the UK, access, with a additional logging-program they can't turn off, so file-access can be traced.

(im on an Amazon AWS)

don't listen to ppl who tell you you mis-took things,.. from what i've experienced, i would not be surprised at all, if you DID select solo, and some edit-function was MISused, before the 'extra option' for a camera mode, or play-testing mode, or something, was just combined after the edit.

Page 2 of 2 First 12