Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Russian localisation issues (WITH fixes) PART 2

Russian localisation issues (WITH fixes) PART 2

Это есть тема-дубликат основной темы в основном форуме. По настоятельству команды перевода, дублирую здесь.

Dear Frontier Developers, greetings from Russian E:D community!
    This is a second part of our Elite:Translation fix project.

Since Part One we did a lot of work, so now we are ready and happy to present you a pretty huge amount of fixes.
    Some fixes are coming from onging beta (look Part one), like many beta stuff, maybe some placeholders, etc, but a lot of mistakes are chasing us from E:D first release. We are waited many years when they will be fixed, but they are still not.

But! Due to REALLY large amount of text, we are decided not to posting fixes exactly here but make a big good >>>Google Docs table<<<. Tables. Many tables with many fixes.

OFCOURCE we wanted make your work with this file pretty easy for you, so it contains original English text, existing "localisation", and community approved fixes.

Part one was about only beta, Part two about other part of beta and alredy existing elder silly issues, and MAYBE there will be part 3 with more "deep placed" issues. But our main priorities are exactly part 1 and 2, becouse they are connected to most important parts of game.

Thank you for your attention.
    O7

3. This is the last staff post in this thread. #3
    Wow, great stuff! Отличная работа!
    We'll start going through your suggestions, and implement them as needed.
    Спасибо, thank you
    o7

Originally Posted by TamaraTirjak View Post (Source)
    Спасибо, thank you
    o7
    Thank you so much for answering!

I, as a co-author of this document, can ask about one thing? Maybe we should start a discussion between us, your team and our team? Because we have questions on some translations, and we would like to clarify what some words are, their meanings, so that we can find a better translation. Because in many places it is impossible to adequately and briefly replace the Russian language. This is a huge request from our community.

Thank you very much, awesome work! Hope to see those suggestions implemented! In fact, you've done all localization work, so dear FDev could just copy-paste your suggestions in-game.

Originally Posted by TamaraTirjak View Post (Source)
    Спасибо, thank you
    o7
    Tamara, Hello!

I would like to thank you on behalf of our translation team for your feedback and readiness to assist in implementation. In addition, we would like to clarify a number of points. In particular, interested signs (!) in table. Are these items approved or, on the contrary, rejected items?

Also, we would like to clarify the possibility of direct dialogue on a number of issues on the topic. Without this, it will be difficult to come to the right decision.

Sincerely yours,
    member of the inititive group and CEO of the Close Encounters Corps faction,
    Anton Vernitskiy

Russian localisation issues

Hi guys! Another thank-you for the huge work you've done collecting all those localisation issues in one place. I imagine it took a lot of time and effort :)
    My name is Lana and I'm a localisation tester at Frontier. Hopefully we'll be able to work towards resolving those issues and improving the quality of the game from the both sides - the testers and the players.
    The issues you've found should be reviewed by the translators but...you've locked the document, guys :) Could you give us access to it please? So that we can work with the document and pass it through to the relevant team/people. Thanks!
    And by the way, you can post your messages in Russian here from now on :)

Originally Posted by Lana B View Post (Source)
    Hi guys! Another thank-you for the huge work you've done collecting all those localisation issues in one place. I imagine it took a lot of time and effort :)
    My name is Lana and I'm a localisation tester at Frontier. Hopefully we'll be able to work towards resolving those issues and improving the quality of the game from the both sides - the testers and the players.
    The issues you've found should be reviewed by the translators but...you've locked the document, guys :) Could you give us access to it please? So that we can work with the document and pass it through to the relevant team/people. Thanks!
    Hello, Lana!
    We are very glad to hear that! Our team has put a lot of effort to carefully study the options and offer them to your court.
    We will try to open access for the convenience of working with the document.

It should be noted that all that is indicated in the table for correction is an error in the translation. In this table, only the WRONG elements that REQUIRE corrections.

Спасибо вам за то, что так оперативно отреагировали и готовы к обсуждению нашего предложения!

Sincerely yours,
    member of the initiative group and CEO of the Close Encounters Corps,
    Anton Vernitskiy

Hello! I gave you access to copy and download this document. Or maybe even give the opportunity to edit? :)
    And by the way, can you please answer the question? Can we discuss some translation options so that we can make it better? Because as I already wrote:
    Because we have questions on some translations, and we would like to clarify what some words are, their meanings, so that we can find a better translation. Because in many places it is impossible to adequately and briefly replace the Russian language. This is a huge request from our communit
    And oh yes, we are somehow more familiar to write here in English. :)

Lana, we have provided the opportunity to download and comment on the document. We are looking forward to our cooperation with your team.

Sincerely yours,
    Anton

Greetings, Commanders!
    Thanks for getting the doc unlocked and downloadable for us :) We’ll go through the suggested changes and see what can be done.
    We do want to keep our players happy and we do value your opinion and appreciate your feedback and contribution to make Elite better.
    We’ll duly consider all your suggestions, and implement them if possible, respecting the UI constraints and consistency requirements. The good news is that some of the issues spotted come from temporary translations that were used for the Beta, and should already be fixed for the release.
    Obviously, the changes won’t happen overnight but we’re aiming to revise your points and implement the fixes as soon as possible.
    @Joe Hammond – To answer your question: I guess this should be discussed :) Maybe you could make a list of questions you have? And we’ll see what we can do on our side.

Cheers!
    Lana

Greetings, Commanders!
    Thanks for getting the doc unlocked and downloadable for us :) We’ll go through the suggested changes and see what can be done.
    We do want to keep our players happy and we do value your opinion and appreciate your feedback and contribution to make Elite better.
    We’ll duly consider all your suggestions, and implement them if possible, respecting the UI constraints and consistency requirements. The good news is that some of the issues spotted come from temporary translations that were used for the Beta, and should already be fixed for the release.
    Obviously, the changes won’t happen overnight but we’re aiming to revise your points and implement the fixes as soon as possible.
    @Joe Hammond – To answer your question: I guess this should be discussed :) Maybe you could make a list of questions you have? And we’ll see what we can do on our side.

Cheers!
    Lana
    Thank you! We, of course, have a large stack of questions that we want to ask, but before we start the dialogue, we will discuss all this here, on the forum, or on any other platform that may be more convenient?

Originally Posted by Joe Hammond View Post (Source)
    Thank you! We, of course, have a large stack of questions that we want to ask, but before we start the dialogue, we will discuss all this here, on the forum, or on any other platform that may be more convenient?
    Hi Joe :) I'd say we should discuss questions related to Russian loclisation in Elite Dangerous here as this forum and this thread have been created for that purpose.

Hi Joe :) I'd say we should discuss questions related to Russian loclisation in Elite Dangerous here as this forum and this thread have been created for that purpose.
    Good argument. I did not think about it because I was not used to having a discussion on the forums.
    Okay, then I will immediately ask the first questions that concern us most:

1. Frame shift drive - it was the most difficult for us. Please explain to us on what principle it works, and whether it is driven by Alcubierre or something else? If possible, give us a full description of the principle of the FSD?

2. Lagrange clouds - why did FD choose the "Lagrange clouds", and not the "Kordylewski clouds", or at least the Trojan clouds? The difference is that the Kordylewski clouds is exist, and Trojans objects that are located at points L4 and L5. Or are the clouds that will soon be represented in the game, are in points from L1 to L5? Or only in L4-L5?
    2.1 Proto-Lagrange Cloud is the same question as above.

3. Helm - what do FD mean by subject or person? Because in Russian it is described only as a subject, but not a person. Sometimes - a person, but only as "the one who is at the steering wheel", but we do not think that this is applicable for small or megaships. Is the term "captain" (капитан, not a rank, but the position of the head of the ship) possible? We want to clarify what the word means in English.

4. Burst laser - we need the principle of operation from a similar object with the same principle of "burst", so that we can see how it is translated into Russian. Because "burst" translates for us as “explosion” or "splash" or “machine-gun fire”, but it is NOT possible to call the laser “machine-gun fired” (стреляющий очередью, NOT "очередной"), because it is unacceptable neither in terms of the name nor in terms of the description of the action.

5. Beam laser - we have the words "лучевой лазер" is a tautology, and in your English "beam laser" is not a tautology? But the "пучковый" option is by no means suitable.

6. Xeno scanner - we have no Russian adaptation of the word Xeno, but neither “инопланетянин” nor “чужой” can be called, because it can also be applied to people. Also, "Инопланетянин" literally means "from another planet." "Чужой" in our society is strongly associated with the films of Ridley Scott. The word "пришелец" also does not fit.

7. Auto-field maintenance unit - we need a real object from life, or explain what it means. To make it easier for us to understand how to translate it.

8. Rail gun and Gauss Cannon - why are they called differently, but they have a very similar appearance and the same effect? Both are essentially electromagnetic weapons. If one of the two would be a gauss weapon, it would look different, and work on a slightly different principle. But in two cases we see exactly the rails.
    [Coil Gun = Gauss Cannon]

9. Total ejected - we can not remember at what point in the transportation of passengers are they counted? To clarify the translation.

10. Silent running - FD adopted this name from the marine term? Because there is no “noise” as such in space, instead thermal flaps are closed to “hide” the ship from the radar, which react to thermal signatures.

11. Insurance cost and Rebuy cost - why do they have the same price, but are called differently?

Lana, on behalf of our initiative group, we'd like to invite you to our discord servers. There you will be able to ask questions directly to our pilots and us, you will see all the discussions. It will be an honor for us!

Here’s links:
    https://discord.gg/kmnYvmS - Close Encounters Corps
    https://discord.gg/fzvUz8v - Eol Prou Group

Sincerely yours, Anton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast