Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: The thing that really isn't reasonable: Console SRV crash.

Console peasants are console peasants. Welcome to serfdom.

Deadly Global Moderator stormyuk's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    So why can't they give us an update that isn't a canned response?
    Well I feel your pain, this is my number one issue with the game at the moment and has been for a while, I guess Lloyd can only tell us what he knows, the worry for me is they still don't seem to have isolated the issue as its all a bit vague. There might be something fundamental but, who knows. It would be nice to get another update as it has been a long time, even for a canned response.

Originally Posted by UseLessUK View Post (Source)
    Other than that I will be seriously thinking about a refund on the Xbox, and I mean a refund of everything I have spent on the game. After all no point having paint jobs I can no longer use along with a game that is NOT multi-player therefore does not do what it says on the tin.
    Lad you are in no way entitled to a refund of all money you spent. The SRV works (just fine on its own) and the game is multiplayer (which works fine just not with 3 or more players in SRVs at the same location). While I get the bug is frustrating for you and a number of players there is zero reason for your illogical overreaction.

Originally Posted by BongoBaggins View Post (Source)
    I know Lloyd reads the forum, he's the Elite console producer. If we want anyone to read the Xbox forum, it's him.

The devs are aware that's it's the single biggest issue concerning console players.
    Are they? Have they said as much or are ye just guessing cos they have been asked many times directly and still, a year and 3 months on to be more precise, Ive yet to see anything that confirms what ye just claimed. And while Ive been away doing other things until this bug is fixed, I still follow this forum pretty close.

And while we on the subject of devs who read the console subs, the last time this came up a certain dev suggested making an error report using a function that doesnt exist on xbox at all...an inconvenient little detail that was pointed out fairly quickly mamking the dev look like he didnt have a clue about consoles in general. Much like xdonk on the first page who seems to think this is a new problem when actually its one of the oldest and most long running bugs on both consoles.

So much fer 2018 being the year we get quality of life updates...maybe it only applies to pc players cos it sorta feels like they couldnt care less about consoles. Its actually been feeling like that fer a long time and the long running silence on the issue doesnt do a lot to prove that theory wrong.

The patch notes will tell us one way or another...they fix the bug all is well, they dont fix the bug and goodbye guys hope things work out...eventually ^

Originally Posted by Freelancer Knux View Post (Source)
    Lad you are in no way entitled to a refund of all money you spent.
    Perhaps not all the money I spent... but we will see after the 11th Dec There may be a refund and a transfer...

The SRV works (just fine on its own) and the game is multiplayer (which works fine just not with 3 or more players in SRVs at the same location).
    Point proved! Did you actually read the above, after typing it?

The game cannot be considered multiplayer if an element of the game which is part of the multiplayer experience crashes the game.

While I get the bug is frustrating for you and a number of players there is zero reason for your illogical overreaction.
    Wow, zero reasons you say... let me provide a few;

- bug has been an issue for over a year
    - no more messing about on planets, racing, climbing mountains etc
    - one person can no longer show 3 others where something is, this has to be done 1 at a time... for example Orion's Folly

I have my pitchfork and torch ready what time are we meeting at their new office ?

Perhaps not all the money I spent... but we will see after the 11th Dec There may be a refund and a transfer...

The game cannot be considered multiplayer if an element of the game which is part of the multiplayer experience crashes the game.

- one person can no longer show 3 others where something is, this has to be done 1 at a time... for example Orion's Folly
    I think what you were referring to was that the whole Thargoid / Guardian planet side stuff and storyline now has to be done Solo.
    You cannot wing up with a couple of mates and run either a Thargoid or Guardian side without the game crashing.
    You cannot do the Ram Tah missions with a mate
    You cannot farm Brain trees together
    You cannot destroy barnacle sites in a group
    You cannot take skimmer missions as a wing mission

I just hope that Frontier are keeping it quiet on the fix because they don't want to get up false hope and that they quietly hope that the fixes that they release as part of 3.3 will resolve the issue.
    I used to hoof around various planets with my faction. We used to do point-to-point races, explore Thargoid sites and generally muck about together.
    Since 3.0 dropped, that has not been possible in an SRV.

But the game can still be called and played multiplayer, by your logic if the two man team mode of Pubg goes down it can't be called multiplayer even if solo and squads still work fine.

Yes the bug has been there for over a year and it is quite annoying and does impact the fun you can have planetside. While I'm not disagreeing that it is frustrating and I completely understand why it bothers you, it is also not grounds for any sort of refund. I do have fingers crossed they fix this though as I enjoy the videos of others doing stupid things in srvs together.

But the game can still be called and played multiplayer, by your logic if the two man team mode of Pubg goes down it can't be called multiplayer even if solo and squads still work fine.
    Yes the game, at least in part, can still be played in multiplayer a wing of 4 players works fine as long as they are in ships... yet the same wing of 4 players are unable to land on a planet and use SRVs as doing so will immediately crash the game for all 4 players. So co-op it is then, hardly multiple players now is it?

I really do not care about PUBG or any other game for that matter, THIS is the game that does not work as it should, THIS is the game I would like to be fixed. So your point about other games is irrelevant.

It has been over a year and patients is wearing a bit thin waiting for a fix, and that fix is not coming on the 11th December seemingly.

Yes the game, at least in part, can still be played in multiplayer a wing of 4 players works fine as long as they are in ships... yet the same wing of 4 players are unable to land on a planet and use SRVs as doing so will immediately crash the game for all 4 players. So co-op it is then, hardly multiple players now is it?

I really do not care about PUBG or any other game for that matter, THIS is the game that does not work as it should, THIS is the game I would like to be fixed. So your point about other games is irrelevant.

It has been over a year and patients is wearing a bit thin waiting for a fix, and that fix is not coming on the 11th December seemingly.
    Its a very small part of the game which is currently not working in multiplayer which is my point, 4 player wings in ships no probs, 16 players per instance no probs, multicrew 3 crew plus all other players in instance no probs.

Its wasn't a point of other games it was an example that just cause the part of multiplayer YOU want isn't working doesn't mean multiplayer isn't working.

I get your frustrated but use your head when making points.

Originally Posted by c00ky1970 View Post (Source)
    Opens bag of popcorn and awaits Old Duck to appear and explode...

It's a well known and reported bug for PS4 users
    Old Duck actually doesn't care that much about this bug (he's stuck in Solo these days). Elephant Butt Leather and those awful disco shadows that dance more than a child playing Fortnite, now those are worthy of exploding duck feathers!

Don't count on the console SRV problem being fixed.

Also, plan on them forgetting to turn off no-fire zones around stations if they add station combat.

You may as well anticipate that things like Skimmer missions will be turned back on as they will forget, again, to nerf them in advance.

Also, expect any new ships to have serious glaring flaws that they also didn't anticipate. Weak canopy (See Chieftan, was it?), Guardian Fighter heat damage with FIRST SHOT, etc.

Originally Posted by Requiem Mortis View Post (Source)
    I have my pitchfork and torch ready what time are we meeting at their new office ?
    Assemble the Masses!

(NB: Not in your SRV though)

14. This is the last staff post in this thread. #29
    Please see Ed's post here for an update on this issue!

Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    Greetings Commanders,

Just a quick note to let you know that we’ve been working on a fix for a widely-reported issue where the game would crash if multiple Commanders playing on either PS4 or Xbox One were on a planet surface in their SRV. We’re pleased to let you know that the fix will be included as part of the Beyond – Chapter Four update.

This fix will stop the crash, but we will be keeping an eye on the issue, and will be looking to improve performance of SRVs while on surfaces in the future.

Thanks for your patience, and feedback. Your crash and bug reports were absolutely essential in getting this fixed.

Ed

Originally Posted by Lloyd Morgan-Moore View Post (Source)
    Please see Ed's post here for an update on this issue!
    *Round of applause*

Thanks Lloyd

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast