Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Calling all XBOX SRV enthusiasts

Deadly Global Moderator stormyuk's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    It hasn't been cancelled, but it's going to be seriously damaged if the bug persists after the 11th.
    Yeh, I won't be taking part even though I am signed up if this bug is not fixed unfortunately.

Originally Posted by verminstar View Post (Source)
    Its like the old class system...pc players are first class while console players are like steerage. If this were a pc bug, do ye really think they would have let it fester fer a year and 3 months? Somehow I doubt that very much ^
    I know this is pure conspiracy theory, and it's 99% likely not to be true, but in some ways it is in Frontier's financial interest not to fix the console versions. I know of a number of PS4 players who are either considering or have already "upgraded" to PC game machines in order to play ED. That's more money in Frontier's pocket, both from the repurchase of ED as well as any cosmetics.

I personally refuse to "reward" Frontier for neglecting the console bugs. Funny thing is that I was actually considering grabbing an XBox One X for this very purpose (playing ED) until I read you folks have just as many problems as we PS4 players do. No, Frontier already has too much of my money....

Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    I know this is pure conspiracy theory, and it's 99% likely not to be true
    Pretty much.

I know this is pure conspiracy theory, and it's 99% likely not to be true, but in some ways it is in Frontier's financial interest not to fix the console versions. I know of a number of PS4 players who are either considering or have already "upgraded" to PC game machines in order to play ED. That's more money in Frontier's pocket, both from the repurchase of ED as well as any cosmetics.

I personally refuse to "reward" Frontier for neglecting the console bugs. Funny thing is that I was actually considering grabbing an XBox One X for this very purpose (playing ED) until I read you folks have just as many problems as we PS4 players do. No, Frontier already has too much of my money....
    Actually I'm inclined to agree.

FD has already made clear that they're willing to cut platforms... Mac recently, with the game closing down on Apple platforms in a matter of days now. What a lot of people forget is that FD also, quite some time ago I might add, cut support for Windows 32bit.

I honestly fear that console parity with PC will not last forever, especially with the demands being made by the community for future content.

Doomed

Originally Posted by BongoBaggins View Post (Source)
    Doomed
    Hey I hope I'm wrong! But history shows that FD isn't afraid to switch off select platforms.

I hope you’re wrong too, but the little doomsayer in the back of my mind is nodding. I’m not sure what I’d do if that happened, although likely I would switch over to PC eventually. The cost is annoying, but I wouldn’t be going all out and know I can get a decent elite running rig for cheap. The real annoyance is the idea of starting over. Several years of progress stripped away is depressing to me.

Blimey,pass the Prozac.

Originally Posted by ApexWanderer View Post (Source)
    Blimey,pass the Prozac.
    Yea from a rallying call (pun intended ) this thread is heading into a mass self destruct cult style.

Good news!

Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    Greetings Commanders,

Just a quick note to let you know that we’ve been working on a fix for a widely-reported issue where the game would crash if multiple Commanders playing on either PS4 or Xbox One were on a planet surface in their SRV. We’re pleased to let you know that the fix will be included as part of the Beyond – Chapter Four update.

This fix will stop the crash, but we will be keeping an eye on the issue, and will be looking to improve performance of SRVs while on surfaces in the future.

Thanks for your patience, and feedback. Your crash and bug reports were absolutely essential in getting this fixed.

Ed

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Good news!
    No, this is terrible news. First they fixed the Elephant Butt Leather (fingers crossed), now they fixed the SRV... What's next, will they fix the dancing seizure shadows? If Frontier keeps this up, there will be nothing to grump about...

Got to keep the faith. Even if Frontier squash all the outstanding bugs, you know there will be new bugs with the update.

Rolls eyes at Old Duck
    #somepeopleneverhappy

Originally Posted by Snowymonk View Post (Source)
    Rolls eyes at Old Duck
    #somepeopleneverhappy
    #SomePeopleDontUnderstandDryHumor

#SomePeopleDontUnderstandDryHumor
    I'd slightly edit to: "SomePeopleinadditiontoFDevDontUnderstandDryHumor

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast