Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Calling all XBOX SRV enthusiasts

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Well crap ... that sucks way worse than I thought. I apologise for posting this here now, kinda insensitive of me in light of all the facts.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...sole-SRV-crash

I originally posted this in DD, hoping to make the wider community aware of the garbage that console CMDRs have had to put up with for over a year.

It was quietly moved off DD within minutes.

Sweeping under the rug and all that...

Well crap ... that sucks way worse than I thought. I apologise for posting this here now, kinda insensitive of me in light of all the facts.

No worries. It's hard to keep abreast of everything that goes on in a game of this scope across all it's various platforms. I doubt anyone here will mistake your OP for trolling. I think most people know that you care about and regularly contribute positive stuff for the entire community.

I want to add no malice was intended in my responses. I was only sharing why you might not be seeing console players on the boards for this particular Buckyball event.

Thank you.

I don't like it, but thank you.

5. This is the last staff post in this thread. #20
    Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...sole-SRV-crash

I originally posted this in DD, hoping to make the wider community aware of the garbage that console CMDRs have had to put up with for over a year.

It was quietly moved off DD within minutes.

Sweeping under the rug and all that...
    There is no need to cross-post, especially when we have a forum dedicated to the Xbox platform.

The moderators are doing their task/role of keeping the forums organized. There's no "sweeping under the rug" ongoing with that.

We are aware of the crash issue, but I do not have an ETA on when that will be resolved/fixed.

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    We are aware of the crash issue, but I do not have an ETA on when that will be resolved/fixed.
    ....so confirmed not on 11th then... As good an answer as has been seen for a while though I guess

Beyond was supposed to be about improving core game play. I'd class fixing this bug as a core game play feature requirement.

You say "when" but I read "if". It's been almost a year since this bug was reported, after all.

There is no need to cross-post, especially when we have a forum dedicated to the Xbox platform.

The moderators are doing their task/role of keeping the forums organized. There's no "sweeping under the rug" ongoing with that.

Why in the Maker's universe can you not say anything other than that?

Patience is wearing thin...

3.3 will be a disaster on console if this isn't fixed on the 11th.

We've been begging your company for details, for months.

Originally Posted by Mr Cynical View Post (Source)
    ....so confirmed not on 11th then... As good an answer as has been seen for a while though I guess
    A bit unfair on Brett.
    It would be good to have a formal communication on the state of the bug (including any progress to date).
    The issue with a PC only Beta is that PC commanders are not having the SRV crash issue so it is not possible to confirm whether it has been fixed.

Complete radio silence from Frontier on the issue, coupled with the upcoming DW2 expedition is leading the console commanders to flag their concerns.

1 week until we find out.

This is not a dedicated Xbox bug.

Can someone link the "DW2 is cancelled on consoles" post? I've searched hither and thither and can't find it.

If that's true...

Originally Posted by rOmiLaYu View Post (Source)
    Can someone link the "DW2 is cancelled on consoles" post? I've searched hither and thither and can't find it.

If that's true...
    It hasn't been cancelled, but it's going to be seriously damaged if the bug persists after the 11th.

Originally Posted by verminstar View Post (Source)
    Perhaps ye should read the last page or so of the xbox DW2 thread...until this bug is fixed, the event on xbox is cancelled...not my words, the words of those organizing things, so perhaps not word fer word...but thats the meat and two veg of it.
    Garbage. Not everyone participating even has Horizons! And plenty of us have never encountered these issues in hundreds or even thousands of clocked hours.

What they've actually said in the DW2 thread, is that the crash can occur when 3 or more SRVs are present in one location, and so for commanders in groups larger than 2 to refrain from all deploying their SRVs in one place.

Personally, I'll be travelling in a group with two other friends who I normally play with, and we've never had problems visiting stuff like Barnacles, Guardian ruins, etc. together, so we'll continue deploying our SRVs together along the way.

Originally Posted by Sunyavadin View Post (Source)
    And plenty of us have never encountered these issues in hundreds or even thousands of clocked hours.
    Define "plenty" and "us" please.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast