Thread: Uploading pictures to the forum

Uploading pictures to the forum

Hello guys,

this may be a silly question from a new member, but is there a way to upload screenshots to the forum?
    I have a few nice ones by now, which would go well in the roleplay or other threads. Can I upload them here?

Double Elite Global Moderator Robert Maynard's Avatar
    You'll need to host them elsewhere and include links to them in posts.

Originally Posted by Nigel_Loring View Post (Source)
    Hello guys,

this may be a silly question from a new member, but is there a way to upload screenshots to the forum?
    I have a few nice ones by now, which would go well in the roleplay or other threads. Can I upload them here?
    Hi CMDR,welcome to this mighty fine community o7

You can’t upload pictures directly to the forum.
    You can use IMGUR (free!) for that. Upload your picture to IMGUR and copy/past link in this forum

You can post pics in the forum but, you will have to upload your pictures to a picture-sharing website, such as www.Imgur.com and then link to them, like this:

You can also use tags to create "Spoiler" buttons like the one above (click on it) if you want to save space when posting a lot of pics, to have everyone click a button to see the pic or hide it in case someone doesn't WANT to see it (hence the "spoiler" tag) or you can just post the link to the picture on Imgur, like this:

(https://i.imgur.com/4SYfgnr.jpg)

but by far the easiest method is to just have the pic show up in your post (using the BBCode link on Imgur), like this:

All is well with the world now.

Thanks for clarifying this, commanders.
    I will look into IMGUR or some other option then.

And thanks for the warm wellcome on this forum o7