Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Game crashes randomly

Game crashes randomly

Frequency of the Bug/Issue
    All of the time

Describe the Issue
    One or two hours after having started on the second island, the game suddenly started crashing to desktop for no apparent reason. (after buying the DLC, but this might be a huge coincidence)

While at first the crashes occured every hour or so, now that I've just finished the third island and stayed on it to expand it a bit, the game has become pretty much unplayable, since it now ALWAYS crashes 2 or 3 minutes into the game.

Funny thing is, after updating drivers, DirectX, ... Elite Dangerous suddenly starts crashing as well after around 15 minutes of playtime. This seems to be a problem with your Cobra engine, since all the dozens (!!!) of other games I've installed have always worked and still work flawlessly.
    And since there are many, many other people having these random crash problems as well, this can only be a problem on the games/engines side.

My specs:
    Windows 10
    i5-3570k
    GTX 1070
    8GB RAM

Thing I've tried to solve this problem:
    - verified files via Steam
    - reinstalled game
    - tried a dozen of different GPU driver versions
    - updated DirectX
    - updated Visual C++
    - disabled Steam overlay
    - disabled Nvidia Ansel (a shame that this is installed and running without any notice for the user)
    - switched form Borderless to Fullscreen (which marks the next broken thing with the game - switching to Fullscreen ALWAYS resulted in a crash as well. Had to choose the lowest resolution and refresh rate first for the game not to crash, then was able to switch to my desired values...)

I'm pretty much out of options now. I've also submitted one of or two of the dozens of crash reports, you can find my Steam ID down below...
    I hope this problem gets fixed ASAP! This is unbearable for a full price title!!!

Gonna post a bug report on the Elite Dangerous forums as well, maybe this will help you figuring out the problems with your games...

Reproduction Steps
    Play the game.

Expected Result
    Game should not crash.

Actual Result
    Game still crashes.

Supporting Evidence URLs
    Steam ID: turnspit1337 / 76561198077576364

2. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #2
    Thank you for the report, sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

I've passed your information on for further investigation.

Please provide us with a copy of the save file you are experiencing the frequent crash with, information on how to do so can be seen below:

How to provide us with your save file (PC only):
    You can find your save files in your file directory in the following location:
    C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Jurassic World Evolution\%STEAM ID NO%\Saves
    where the %fields% are specific to your windows username and SteamID. Please upload this to a file sharing site and provide the download link.

Alright, here we go, first of all the save file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ch3oa3qd1q...E.carauto?dl=0

And a DxDiag, because why not, maybe it helps:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qeuhzh9s1r...xDiag.txt?dl=0

4. This is the last staff post in this thread. #4
    Thanks Turnspit, I've passed your files on for further investigation.

Out of curiosity I went to the fourth island, where I was able to play for hours with no problems.

Returned to the third island (which is pretty full by now) and got a crash again after 5 minutes.