Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Sick diplodocus does not appear.

Sick diplodocus does not appear.

Frequency of the Bug/Issue
    Rarely

Describe the Issue
    I want to complete a mission, and it bugs out.

Reproduction Steps
    1 I start the sick diplodocus mission
    2 It starts the timer
    3 It doesnt spawn

Expected Result
    1 The dino should spawn.
    2 I do not want to delete this save after putting hours into researching dinos, and other things
    3 the above

Actual Result
    I cannot get my research bravo team cbecause the dino wont spawn

Thank you for hearing this out.

Supporting Evidence URLs
    https://ibb.co/mRyrvDw
    https://ibb.co/4t9t0Mg

I just noticed that the second screenshot doesnt show the times, thats why the double post

https://ibb.co/yRzwpVX << the timer is stuck

3. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #3
    Hi Djaro,

Thank you for the report, sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

Please provide a copy of the save where you're observing the issue, information on how to do so can be seen below:

How to provide us with your save file (PC only):
    You can find your save files in your file directory in the following location:
    C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Jurassic World Evolution\%STEAM ID NO%\Saves
    where the %fields% are specific to your windows username and SteamID. Please upload this to a file sharing site and provide the download link.

Originally Posted by QA-Gareth View Post (Source)
    Hi Djaro,

Thank you for the report, sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

Please provide a copy of the save where you're observing the issue, information on how to do so can be seen below:

How to provide us with your save file (PC only):
    You can find your save files in your file directory in the following location:
    C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Jurassic World Evolution\%STEAM ID NO%\Saves
    where the %fields% are specific to your windows username and SteamID. Please upload this to a file sharing site and provide the download link.
    https://files.fm/u/934ekf2p

Thank you for checking it out.

5. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #5
    Hi Djaro,

Thank you for the save, as soon as I load in to it I'm presented with the pop up asking if I'm ready to receive the sick diplodocus.

Progressing through the mission reveals you have progressed past this point before; the cryptosporidium medical treatment has been researched, and that is not able to be researched until the sick diplodocus has been received, given access to food and water, and assessed. Also, your first image shows a diplodocus being transported, and at this point in your career this mission is the only way you can access this dinosaur. What was different about your last attempt at the mission, where you did not observe the sick diplodocus readiness check, and your first attempt where you did observe it?

I'd recommend you try the following, working your way down the list if the thing you just tried did not work:
    1. Try running JWE with the minimum of 3rd party programs running, in case one of them is interfering with the GUI pop up
    2. Restart the science mission
    3. Restart Isla Muerta (on a different save so you don't lose your progress)

Hi Gareth,

Thank you for putting your effort in, I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by QA-Gareth View Post (Source)
    Hi Djaro,

Thank you for the save, as soon as I load in to it I'm presented with the pop up asking if I'm ready to receive the sick diplodocus.

Progressing through the mission reveals you have progressed past this point before; the cryptosporidium medical treatment has been researched, and that is not able to be researched until the sick diplodocus has been received, given access to food and water, and assessed. Also, your first image shows a diplodocus being transported, and at this point in your career this mission is the only way you can access this dinosaur.

Answer: Totally right, I have done this part of the mission.

What was different about your last attempt at the mission, where you did not observe the sick diplodocus readiness check, and your first attempt where you did observe it?

Answer: Good question, I started the mission with no problems what-so-ever, I then got another quest in the mission to cure yet another dinosaur, It asked the same thing, "Do you want to bring the dino now for **** amount dollar or wait two minutes" I then clicked the first option to bring the dinosaurus in, when I did that you would see a "crosshair" to spawn the dinosaurus exact the same thing as the sick diplodocus, BUT I then clicked on the expedition center to get some fossils and bang the "crosshair" did not show, so I could not place the second sick dinosaurus, after I placed the diplodocus already.It was stuck on 0:00 all the time. I then decided to exit the mission and start it over again and then the above problem accured which led to this bug report, so it is a bug but it solves it selfs.

I'd recommend you try the following, working your way down the list if the thing you just tried did not work:

1. Try running JWE with the minimum of 3rd party programs running, in case one of them is interfering with the GUI pop up

Answer: I did not have any problem yet with 3rd party programs, thanks to the developers.

2. Restart the science mission

Answer: I did when that bug was pretending, it did not work at that time, now I did not even had to restart the science mission, as you said as soon I got in game it got me the mission to complete it.

3. Restart Isla Muerta (on a different save so you don't lose your progress)

Answer: Didn't had to try this, thanks to you.

7. This is the last staff post in this thread. #7
    Thanks for letting me know Djaro, happy playing!