Thread: Datalink in my Anaconda doesn't work

Datalink in my Anaconda doesn't work

Frequency of the Bug/Issue
    Rarely

Describe the Issue
    Ticket # 00000236910 - Sipport can't find a solution
    The Datalinkscanner in my Anaconda doesn't work. Its alone in a Firegroup and aktivated. All others Scanners are well.
    The Support recommends to sell the Datalink and buy it new. But how could i sell a internal Device ?
    I have the mission to scan a Navigationsignal - but how should I ?
    I do not know how to continue

Reproduction Steps
    Nachstehend die Infos gewünschten mit den entsprechenden Bildern

1. Der Datenlinkscanner ist alleine in Einer Feuergruppe
    2. Der Datenlinkscanner ist aktiviert
    3. Auch bei einem Privatdatensignal funktioniert der Datenlinkscanner nicht - Weder mit Primar- noch mit Sekundär-Feuertaste
    4. Bei einem Navigationssignal funktioniert er auch nicht
    5-8. Adv.-Scanner, Detailscanner, Sogwolkenscanner und auch der Sammler funktionieren wie sie sollen bei Primär-Feuertaste BZW. automatically

Expected Result
    Der Scanner soll ein Navigationssignal scannen damit ich erfahre wo meine Mission beginnen soll.
    Aber der Scanner reagiert nicht

Actual Result
    ich bin bis auf ca. 110 m an das Navigationssignal herangeflogen - habe es anvisiert und über die primäre und sekundäre Feuertaste versucht zu scannen.
    Der Scanner zeigte keine Reaktion

Supporting Evidence URLs
    https://imgur.com/a/3HcqmbN

Jurassic World Evolution Moderator Global Moderator Lora Craft69's Avatar
    Moved to Elite Dangerous PC & Mac Bug Reports Forum.

Datalink scanner is only useful for scanning datalogs on ships and other Points of Interest. I don't know what sort of thing you're trying to scan (I don't read german so your pics don't inform me) but it's unlikely that it's the tool you're supposed to be using.

I do ;-)

First: even if the datalink scanner would work on Navigation Beacons or Private Data Beacons, you'd still be too far away. Range IIRC is below 100 meters definitely, maybe 50 meters.

Second: you don't need the datalink scanner for those beacons. The ship's standard sensors will do it for you, at several km range, once you've trageted the beacon. By the time you had approached to 150 mters, the scan probably had long finished. That goes for all beacons - navigation, private, tourist.

I suppose you have a kill mission, and scanning the nav beacon should reveal the target's last known position. Since, in your pictures, the scanner isn't active anymore (you get that "busy" hexagon in the lower left window in your HUD), you should have that information now. Ceck your mission status, it should have been updated with the target location.

Originally Posted by Ashnak View Post (Source)
    I do ;-)

First: even if the datalink scanner would work on Navigation Beacons or Private Data Beacons, you'd still be too far away. Range IIRC is below 100 meters definitely, maybe 50 meters.

Second: you don't need the datalink scanner for those beacons. The ship's standard sensors will do it for you, at several km range, once you've trageted the beacon. By the time you had approached to 150 mters, the scan probably had long finished. That goes for all beacons - navigation, private, tourist.

I suppose you have a kill mission, and scanning the nav beacon should reveal the target's last known position. Since, in your pictures, the scanner isn't active anymore (you get that "busy" hexagon in the lower left window in your HUD), you should have that information now. Ceck your mission status, it should have been updated with the target location.
    Thx Ashnak ....... but the Datalinkscanner works at max. 200 m and my Anaconda where nearby. The Scanner doesn't react. the Anaconda is ca. 100 m long so i couldn*t drive at 50 m.
    no - my mission is to find artefacts and this Signal have to tell me where. i'm in Sothis and there are a lot of stars and Planets to discover.

So you need to scan a nav beacon?

yep - now i tried to get the information with a drohne

Could you upload a screenshot of the mission from your transactions tab? Something is definitely starnge here.

Don't worry about the language - I'm from Germany. But after more years of SF than I want to tell about here, I'm thoroughly fed up with German translations of English originals, so I play ED in English.

Originally Posted by Ashnak View Post (Source)
    Could you upload a screenshot of the mission from your transactions tab? Something is definitely starnge here.

Don't worry about the language - I'm from Germany. But after more years of SF than I want to tell about here, I'm thoroughly fed up with German translations of English originals, so I play ED in English.
    Scanning with a Drohne its Impossible.

But this Mission is a Fake *g - I just had to confirm that I accept the mission. Then I got that the access for the Sirius system.
    There I received a mission that I could fulfill.

Only .... the scanner still does not work