Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bioware releases Dragon Age Teaser Trailer at TGA 2018

Originally Posted by lokvette View Post (Source)
    Aye if it wasnt for EA a lot of games would be on my wishlist now even if it looks good ie Anthem Im just not going to buy it due to it being EA.
    EA is trash, yes, but your policy is flawed. If Anthem is a good game with fun content and without microtransactions (other than the visual armour pieces and paintjobs as they promised) I will defo buy it. It's of no use to gamers to boycott a company a priori. "Vote with your wallet" should go both ways. We should teach them what kind of game we will and won't buy.

Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    EA is trash, yes, but your policy is flawed. If Anthem is a good game with fun content and without microtransactions (other than the visual armour pieces and paintjobs as they promised) I will defo buy it. It's of no use to gamers to boycott a company a priori.
    It works very well, just look at the share prices. Not having to bother with "Origin" helps, too.

Originally Posted by Jacques d'Orleans View Post (Source)
    Given EA's track rekord the question is for how long?
    Ah, Biowere...

It's of no use to gamers to boycott a company a priori.
    In some cases, yes it is.

Look at the long list of great dev studios that EA was annihilated, a list that begins in the late XXth century. Now look at the worderful franchises that several of those studios had, and are now turned into a pile of ashes. And now imagine how many wonderful games from those studios we could have had over the years, if EA hadn't destroyed those studios.

Buying stuff from EA only helps them to keep on destroying more game studios, even on the off chance they manage to put out a half decent game every now and then I'll still not give then another dime ever again.

Originally Posted by askavir View Post (Source)
    In some cases, yes it is.

Look at the long list of great dev studios that EA was annihilated, a list that begins in the late XXth century. Now look at the worderful franchises that several of those studios had, and are now turned into a pile of ashes. And now imagine how many wonderful games from those studios we could have had over the years, if EA hadn't destroyed those studios.

Buying stuff from EA only helps them to keep on destroying more game studios, even on the off chance they manage to put out a half decent game every now and then I'll still not give then another dime ever again.
    There are always two sides of the coin.
    I am not really defending EA, here, but...

You can't just buy a healthy company. Bioware said, after being bought by EA shortly before releasing ME and DA: O that they really didn't have a choice - they were either going to go bankrupt, OR they go under EA. So, to reiterate that - if not for EA, we wouldn't have ME, we wouldn't have DA: O,... The Bioware would have simply closed shop in 2008.

So there's that.
    Same with Visceral games. The first Dead Space was a flop. It was an amazing game and it wasn't selling. Such is life. Thanks to EA, we did get two sequels before they wrapped it up.

Things aren't black and white, of course, but what I want to point out that EA doesn't buy companies to shut them down. They are not samaritans, either. They are simply buying failing companies with potentially profitable IPs. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

I liked ME_A and DA_I was the best of the three for me. Funny how that works.

Originally Posted by Captain Willard View Post (Source)
    I liked ME_A and DA_I was the best of the three for me. Funny how that works.
    I actually agree with that, completely.

Originally Posted by Kayweg View Post (Source)
    Ah, Biowere...
    Yup sooner or later that could happen, if either Anthem or the new Dragon Age tanks it will be the beginning of the end for Biowas.

It's important to remember this is going to be the first Dragon Age where David Gaider isnt involved at all, which could be bad seen as the whole 'verse was his baby.

Originally Posted by Goose4291 View Post (Source)
    It's important to remember this is going to be the first Dragon Age where David Gaider isnt involved at all, which could be bad seen as the whole 'verse was his baby.
    From what I've read so far, it looks like a woke mess where pushing political agendas and commentary will be more important than quality of the story.
    Not having high hopes for it, right now.

From what I've read so far, it looks like a woke mess where pushing political agendas and commentary will be more important than quality of the story.
    So Mass Effect Andromeda with swords?

Well..... thats..... great.

Originally Posted by Goose4291 View Post (Source)
    So Mass Effect Andromeda with swords?

Well..... thats..... great.
    ME:A was decent in most parts. This look worse.

Things aren't black and white, of course, but what I want to point out that EA doesn't buy companies to shut them down. They are not samaritans, either. They are simply buying failing companies with potentially profitable IPs. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.
    That's the whole issue here: They put out sequels and for some reason think I should care about them, because the brand is on them.

Bethesda's DOOM (4) was a decent FPRPS for many people on its own merits, but it has nothing to do with the name, they just used it to overwrite and delete the original franchise from history. I can't enjoy games, which do that, it feels wrong.

I liked the first Mass Effect very much, because it was an original concept, not another Sci-Fi license game. The sequels never managed to transport original vibe for me (and we all know how controversial the trilogy's ending is), they feel like rip-offs and/or fan fiction. These games would have worked much better for me, if they were based on another original sci-fi concept.

But inventing original things is not something, the corporate world is good at. That's why they do their sequelitis.

Isn't that what the comics, the movie and also the most part of the gaming industry is all about today?

Originally Posted by Jacques d'Orleans View Post (Source)
    Isn't that what the comics, the movie and also the most part of the gaming industry is all about today?
    Sadly it is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12