Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Thargoid CZ progress

  1. #1

    Thargoid CZ progress

    With the thargoid CZs coming next week I have to wonder about a detail I noticed but have no information on.

    Normal CZs show opposing bars to gauge progress for a "round of combat". That is, if your chosen team is winning or losing just that round (or battle if you wish to think of it that way).

    The thargoid CZs had just the one bar that moved up very slowly. When the bar didn't diseappear I also noticed that it would remain at the state it was at when I last left a thargoid CZ which tells me that perhaps the bar in the Thargoid CZ is not just for the round but perhaps an indicator of the progress toward breaking the incursion state.

    On the other hand, there were more than a few bugs for this feature in the beta and so it may all just have been a result of said bugs.

  2. #2
    I am pretty sure it was bugged, I have seen a lot of vids on it with the same issue. it increases far to rapidly to be considered as a measure of the Incursion state, but no doubt clearing these zones will contribute highly towards lifting it

    I am very keen to see Ch4 release and try this hopefully polished system, and see if I can survive the zone in it's entirety

  3. #3
    One of the many 'this is very bugged' parts of the beta, which we're all hoping will actually work when shipped...

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by Jaylem View Post (Source)
    I am pretty sure it was bugged, I have seen a lot of vids on it with the same issue. it increases far to rapidly to be considered as a measure of the Incursion state, but no doubt clearing these zones will contribute highly towards lifting it

    I am very keen to see Ch4 release and try this hopefully polished system, and see if I can survive the zone in it's entirety
    I know I can't. After about 3 maybe 4 interceptors I'll be out of ammo and at the rate of change on the bar (though probably bugged) the round is far from over. If a hydra appears, its all over.

    Add in the damage multiplier when you have multiple commanders and that makes it harder for another reason.

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by BDelacroix View Post (Source)
    I know I can't. After about 3 maybe 4 interceptors I'll be out of ammo and at the rate of change on the bar (though probably bugged) the round is far from over. If a hydra appears, its all over.

    Add in the damage multiplier when you have multiple commanders and that makes it harder for another reason.
    I have faith in you! I was have actually been thinking what sort of loadout i'd need for it, thinking a cutter with a size 3 Plasma charger or 2 and the rest gauss, Plasma chargers have a lot of ammo which I imagine will come in handy they are just really hard to use Solo

  6. #6
    since clearing a goid CZ solo is pretty much impossible at the moment I think you're going to see a lot of permanent incursion systems....If clearing an incursion state requires clearing CZs and that requires wing gameplay I don't think there's enough people playing in wings for it to work...even if they wanted to.

    Ive ALWAYS had problems fighting goids in a wing. Someone always brings a crappy connection to the party (or forgot to pause their pr0n downloads) and we always end up with endless desync issues.

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post (Source)
    since clearing a goid CZ solo is pretty much impossible at the moment I think you're going to see a lot of permanent incursion systems....If clearing an incursion state requires clearing CZs and that requires wing gameplay I don't think there's enough people playing in wings for it to work...even if they wanted to.

    Ive ALWAYS had problems fighting goids in a wing. Someone always brings a crappy connection to the party (or forgot to pause their pr0n downloads) and we always end up with endless desync issues.
    I play solo and dodge that bullet entirely

    But it means that these zones are much harder...