Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beating own exploration drum just because I can!

Originally Posted by yah-ta-hey View Post (Source)
    Just completed a system scan to detail scan EVERY star, planet,moon that is in the system.
    How many of you out there have done something like that? just curious. cheers.
    Count me in.

On my journey to SagA* I found one nice binary system. Second star had WW and 2 ELWs. Since I was fairly fresh in terms of exploration (my first really long range one) and this was my first system containing more than single WW or ELW I scanned everything. Stars, planets, moons - complete system scan. I believe it's the most profitable scan I made so far as well.

Can't share the name tho, with new chapter going live tomorrow I plan going there again and make full probing for complete "first discovered by" and "first mapped by" tags.

But yeah, when I find an interesting system (at least ELW + more than 1 WW, preferably multiple ELWs and WWs) i tend to take complete scan.

^
    Whilst his wording isn't precise, I believe the OP means doing this for an entire subsector of systems. Whilst I've honked every system in a subsector before, I've not done a complete scan of one... Yet. The FSS means I'm more likely to do soon, but certainly not mapping as well.

Originally Posted by varonica View Post (Source)
    They're a traffic hazard that's for sure, many a time I have been mysteriously slowed down leaving a star, I think mapping them should be compulsory or you don't get the full system map bonus, after all it's not done till it's all done!
    Perhaps i misunderstand what you mean or maybe you're being tongue in cheek here, but what "full system map bonus" ?
    Never heard/read of such a thing.

Originally Posted by Kayweg View Post (Source)
    Perhaps i misunderstand what you mean or maybe you're being tongue in cheek here, but what "full system map bonus" ?
    Never heard/read of such a thing.
    I think it's new for 3.3. However, if the final beta was anything to go on, you only need to scan one fragment to get all of them now.

Originally Posted by SpocksOddSocks View Post (Source)
    I think it's new for 3.3. However, if the final beta was anything to go on, you only need to scan one fragment to get all of them now.
    Thank you.
    Lots of details to keep track of in 3.3.
    That's certainly one of those i missed.

Originally Posted by Kayweg View Post (Source)
    Thank you.
    Lots of details to keep track of in 3.3.
    That's certainly one of those i missed.
    You're right on that one. I can't actually remember if it only applies to fully mapped systems, or just fully scanned ones either. Perhaps there was both, and I just forgot. I gave up on trying to remember what pays out in exploration from update to update a long time ago. I just do what I feel like instead. If I get loads of creds, it's just a bonus now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12