Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Larger maps possible.... on PC.

  1. #1

    Larger maps possible.... on PC.



    First there were the custom skins. Especially for the raptors. NOW we have modders who can create larger maps. Nuff said. Though as BIS stated it's only in the PC so there's that. These modders do more for what most (or maybe some) of the playerbase wants. Heck there was even one post in the ideas section about a terrain tool with sand, palm trees and redwoods. Lol. I for one have already stated that for the next update (if ever one comes) or rather when it comes, these should be in it (or at least some of it):
    1. Terrain tool updates.
    2. Diverse customization options.
    3. Larger maps to build on.
    4. Deeper management system.

  2. #2
    Mod support is something everyone wants, Frontier already knows this. I'm willing to bet Frontier wants it too. If they could flip a switch labeled "mod support," I'm 98% sure they would. Thing is; it's not that easy. Now, I don't know the first thing about Intellectual Property laws, corporate assets, or the way any of the contracts leading to the drafting and production of this game shook out. But I'm pretty sure the "mod support" decision isn't just up to them. And even if their hands weren't tied to such an extent, to reiterate for a thousandth time, everybody wants mod support. There's probably a legitimate reason why they haven't acquiesced (yet). Maybe they're too busy working on patches to develop and release a mod tool, maybe their fiscal budget was scheduled in such a way as to not allocate any resources towards that end, heck- maybe they aren't releasing mod support so people will buy their DLCs instead of just modding stuff in. You know what? That's an entirely reasonable stance for a game company to take. That stated- the genie is most definitely out of the bottle. Without official support mods are already here.

    As far as the rest, those four requests are on just about everybodys' request lists as well.

  3. #3
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure they have "you are not allowed to modify the copyrighted Universal JP assets" somewhere in the contract.

    I doubt JP copyright holders are very keen on giving people free reign over their property.

  4. #4
    I want to have this so badly now

  5. #5
    Mod support is nice but the option of more skins + Cuatom color skins and expanding each island further after completing game will alleviate a lot of issues

  6. #6
    Universal needs to get their head on straight. What's the worse Mod support is going do? Sell your 3d models? Oh wait... modders unsactioned by Frontier already did...

    Furthermore if this is a "Money" issue, then take head to Jeremy Hambly. "GET WOKE, GO BROKE".

    Look at what EA, Bethesda, DICE, BLIZZARD etc... have done to their fan base with BROKEN promises.

    You want consumerism Universal? Release the mods, because modding is already in full effect. Skins, now map boundaries, hell most of those buildings in JWE aren't even high poly.

    I bet if a modder could get 3d models from game, he could do same with buildings and AI humans. With that... shoot, I could upload a dae. File of them into sketchup for scale. And start making new buildings daily. All the modder would have to do is rig it with same code to be in game.

    At that point Frontier and Universal you might as well help the modders than oppose them. They'll find a way, just like those Sims 3-4 modders do. And the devious ones oh they nasty. They have sex animation sims, you better draw a line before they cross it with dino sex mods. Just sayin...

  7. #7
    Holy I might actually reinstall now lol

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Dorian1334 View Post (Source)
    Holy I might actually reinstall now lol
    So anyone got links to this stuff? BIS doesn't provide them in the video
    EDIT: There's the edit button... not the reply one.

  9. #9

    too small maps

    I do not want mods, because they, from experience with other games, often cause too many issues and then reduce the pleasure of playing again.
    I would like to update in a larger maps and a terrain tool. I played the game, actually finished, and no longer want to keep playing. I solved all the problems - that's why I'm done. I also want a real sandbox, without having to clear everything out first.
    It is graphically very well done, only the long-term pleasure is not there.
    Mods would not be a solution for me, just a bad compromise.

    greets from germany

    Rachefee

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Prime Geek View Post (Source)
    At that point Frontier and Universal you might as well help the modders than oppose them. They'll find a way, just like those Sims 3-4 modders do. And the devious ones oh they nasty. They have sex animation sims, you better draw a line before they cross it with dino sex mods. Just sayin...
    Hey now, some of us have been waiting a very long time for those dinosaur sex mods.

    But not really, of course.

    ... ok maybe a little.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by sponges View Post (Source)
    Hey now, some of us have been waiting a very long time for those dinosaur sex mods.

    But not really, of course.

    ... ok maybe a little.
    Prime Geek's not wrong though. I mean let's take the recent breakthroughs in reskin modding as an example. Apart from obvious copyright infringement that having a steam workshop would make easier to remove, you could easily have people making skins that are obscene or offensive that the devs would want in their game even less.
    That's why the "no workshop because copyright" argument is fatally flawed. If anything the workshop provides the easiest method of enforcing copyright. For example, someone made a (really, really good) Indominus Rex mod for Ark. He had to change the name for copyright reasons (it's now "Dominator Rex" lol) but if the workshop wasn't there he wouldn't have been compelled to change it.

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Hououin Kyoma View Post (Source)
    First there were the custom skins. Especially for the raptors. NOW we have modders who can create larger maps. Nuff said. Though as BIS stated it's only in the PC so there's that. These modders do more for what most (or maybe some) of the playerbase wants. Heck there was even one post in the ideas section about a terrain tool with sand, palm trees and redwoods. Lol. I for one have already stated that for the next update (if ever one comes) or rather when it comes, these should be in it (or at least some of it):
    1. Terrain tool updates.
    2. Diverse customization options.
    3. Larger maps to build on.
    4. Deeper management system.
    Your move Frontier.

  13. #13
    Life uh...
    Life finds a way.

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by LB_CAKE View Post (Source)
    You're move Frontier.
    You are move Frontier?

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by MrGoodbytes View Post (Source)
    You are move Frontier?
    Thank you.