Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three hopefully simple noob questions

Originally Posted by King Drax I View Post (Source)
    This game is really cockeyed.
    You mis-spelt complicated

Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    1] Some stations have blue holograms. Presumably they don't like orange. That has nothing to do with you.
    2) Anonymous access means that you have a fine (or bounty) at the station and can't officially log into station's services.
    I've seen a few red pad holograms as well. First time I saw those I thought I was in trouble. Another time I got clearance to land on pad mmm mmm mmmmm... I heard 6 but it was in such a deep Indian accent I must have misunderstood it because 8 showed up on screen. Had I tried to land on 6 without looking and verifying it might have ended badly.

Thanks folks. It says I have a 1089CR fine "in Titanstar Alliance" whatever that is.

With the anonymous access, they wouldn't let me dock - access denied. Which is why I thought the Anonymous tag was a big issue.

You can find the faction issuing the fine in the transactions tab of the left window. All computer system generated factions have the star system name in the faction name. For player named factions you probably need to go to someplace like inara.cz to look up the systems. Lore specific factions can be found the same way player named factions can be found.

Interstellar Factors should be in all anarchy or low security sytems.

Originally Posted by Mo Ronik View Post (Source)
    I've seen a few red pad holograms as well. First time I saw those I thought I was in trouble.
    Maybe they just wanted you to dock... aggressively.

Thanks folks. It says I have a 1089CR fine "in Titanstar Alliance" whatever that is.

With the anonymous access, they wouldn't let me dock - access denied. Which is why I thought the Anonymous tag was a big issue.
    Honestly, I think you should simply forget about the fine and go about your business. In your early carreer, you have more important things to do than flying from station to station and trying to settle your debts. Galaxy is big. You may never return to that system ever again so why bother.

They are a minor faction in Kini and V1688 Aquilae. I used https://inara.cz/galaxy-minorfaction/ to look them up.

Is it an outpost? They have limited landing pads, nothing to do with your criminal nature. Worth a relog (log out to the menu and back in) and retry. If you are in open then log in to solo as another CMDR may have your pad.

Anonymous access does not stop you docking - the clue is in the name (I guess you could get anonymous no-access, but I haven't seen it ).

Edit: And you should try and keep an eye out for why you keep getting the fines - ideally you should try and avoid breaking the law (unless you intend to...)

Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post (Source)
    They are a minor faction in Kini and V1688 Aquilae. I used https://inara.cz/galaxy-minorfaction/ to look them up.
    Those are my regular haunts since I'm based out of the Aphra system. If the place you have a fine at is near your home then by all means get it paid, but as Chris Simon says if it's not in your backyard then don't worry about it. I try to play nice with my neighbors and so far they all still wave at me when I fly by and they use their whole hand too instead of just one finger.

These are all really helpful responses, thansk folks

Those are my regular haunts since I'm based out of the Aphra system. If the place you have a fine at is near your home then by all means get it paid, but as Chris Simon says if it's not in your backyard then don't worry about it. I try to play nice with my neighbors and so far they all still wave at me when I fly by and they use their whole hand too instead of just one finger.
    It's true that it's actually a good idea to do stuff outside your "home system". When you do missions, bounty hunting, etc. and things go wrong, it's really nice if you're NOT locked out of your fleet and services.

Learn to use this: https://eddb.io/
    and this: https://inara.cz/galaxy-nearest/

I still use them constantly.

o7

Ok so I am on approach to a landing pad inside aCoriolis station. The pad is the correct one I have been given clearance for but the landing guide holograms are blue rather than orange. Try to land and they get all stroppy. Tried for further clearance and now all the orbital stations are flagged as anonymous access.

1) Why did they have a blue guide hologram, and why did they get strroppy when I tried to reapply for clearance?

2) How do I remove that 'anonymous access' red tag?

Real ATC is nowhere near as unhelpful as these jerks.
    Oh, oh, you have never dealt with south african ATC, I guess - they can be pretty jerky.

Originally Posted by Lysette View Post (Source)
    Oh, oh, you have never dealt with south african ATC, I guess - they can be pretty jerky.
    I think the correct word for South-African jerky is Biltong,

Yeah, I really like to be welcomed back in a station - especially Empire stations tend to do that.

Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    I think the correct word for South-African jerky is Biltong,
    Yummy, this is the real thing and you can get it from a variety of different meat - so delicious. I miss it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12