Thread: Plotting a course in vr

Plotting a course in vr

Hey guys i need some help. I just got a rift and i cant plot a course in vr through the galaxy map. Specifically, when i select a system and the ui box with the option to view the system map pops up, i cant seem to select that ui box to scroll through the tabs. Which button bind lets me do that?

Its the normal button bind for changing tabs in all the ui's. Default keys are Q & E but I imagine you'll be playing with a hotas or other controller, so the bindings you want to change are found under UI mode IIRC.

Ive done that but it wont scroll the tabs in that ui box. Im playing in vr and from what i can tell im not the first one to encounter this issue. In the galaxy map theres a ui box on the left to change the parameter of what the map displays but when i select a system i cant get it to jump to the new ui box. What else should i be looking at to solve that?

I’m using the Rift with T16000M hotas.
    I’ll post my binds up when I get home - 20 mins...

OK.

I've highlighted the relevant Gal Map bindings in red boxes.

You may not have this HOTAS but you should be able to achieve something similar in your set-up. Note that the UI interfaces while not directly Gal Map commands are used in Gal Map so do need to be mapped.

I also use the mouse to zoom.

The regular left/right UI navigation "spills across", between the big panel on the left and the "speech bubble" one, as were they a single contigous one, so just go right (EDIT: just 'move right', not 'next tab'), and its buttons should start highlighting.

Got it guys thanks. It turned out to be a binding conflict. I was using the same controls for my ui navigation as i was for my gal map. Once i changed the gal map controls i was able to scroll across. Now flukes is flying again