Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just got a new boat..

Congratulations on your new ship. Your dolphin sure is a beauty.

Originally Posted by Mo Ronik View Post (Source)
    Introducing MSS Wake Rider in Prestige Orange. Just hopped over to the neighboring star and brought her home. Wow, what a nice ship this Dolphin. Still have to outfit her with all the goodies needed for comfortable passengers and I guess I'll need a commander's suit in black with a bus driver's cap to fit the image she's projecting. It sure flies nice in this one trip back home so hopefully she'll make me a buttload of credits to splurge on other things that capture my interest.

Nice addition to your fleet!

She's known to run a bit on the spicy side so keep that in mind when outfitting/engineering.

Don't be afraid of higher module costs - Dolphin is absolutely capable to earn back what it costs within a very reasonable time. And it's handling is smooth and agile compared to other ships of this size and cargo/cabin space. It's jump range is as well pretty decent for a 4A FSD.

Originally Posted by Rock Hunter View Post (Source)
    I really like the Dolphin.......but that just led to my love of the Orca
    ditto, and buying a Beluga (then quickly selling it) just cemented the Orca love even more.
    i still have my Dolphin, but the Orca gets all the flight time.

Introducing MSS Wake Rider in Prestige Orange. Just hopped over to the neighboring star and brought her home. Wow, what a nice ship this Dolphin. Still have to outfit her with all the goodies needed for comfortable passengers and I guess I'll need a commander's suit in black with a bus driver's cap to fit the image she's projecting. It sure flies nice in this one trip back home so hopefully she'll make me a buttload of credits to splurge on other things that capture my interest.

How about this outfit?

Originally Posted by Hacker#451563 View Post (Source)
    How about this outfit?
    Insufficient protection against vacuum conditions.

Originally Posted by aRJay View Post (Source)
    Insufficient protection against vacuum conditions.

But great for those overheating moments above High-G worlds.

How about this outfit?
    hahaha... naaaa, way to old to sport that look. This is more like me... just older and with glasses.

Originally Posted by Lysette View Post (Source)
    Don't be afraid of higher module costs - Dolphin is absolutely capable to earn back what it costs within a very reasonable time. And it's handling is smooth and agile compared to other ships of this size and cargo/cabin space. It's jump range is as well pretty decent for a 4A FSD.
    It's got a 4A FSD.. I did opt for a 4A thruster for now. The 5A is a tad pricey and I can upgrade that later. Only thing I don't have for it at the moment is a 2E passenger cabin in the empty size 2 slot. Home station doesn't sell those so I'll stop on the way somewhere. With that I can haul 34 butts in the seats so I should be able to just zip around picking up and dropping off refugees and aide workers... my favorite kinda passengers.

Originally Posted by Tyres O'Flaherty View Post (Source)
    Yes, my DBX goes further (62lys) but it scoops slower and, as I mentioned on another the thread... THAT sound. Eeeuuww.
    I soo agree on that, but others really like the sound...weirdo's lol.
    Same goes for the cobra's and that was the reason i felt for the viper and python and i also discovered the dolphin and was surprised in the best way possible. Did'nt like the asp either, good we have so many choice nowadays.

It's got a 4A FSD.. I did opt for a 4A thruster for now. The 5A is a tad pricey and I can upgrade that later. Only thing I don't have for it at the moment is a 2E passenger cabin in the empty size 2 slot. Home station doesn't sell those so I'll stop on the way somewhere. With that I can haul 34 butts in the seats so I should be able to just zip around picking up and dropping off refugees and aide workers... my favorite kinda passengers.
    Remember that tomorrow your Dolphin will become a much better freighter as the restricted slot gets changed to a standard one.

Remember that many passengers want to go to nice planetary locations so having a SRV in that size 2 slot means you can land and drive around gathering mats or seeing the sites or driving into geysers and launching yourself into almost orbit for fun.

Remember that many passengers want to go to nice planetary locations so having a SRV in that size 2 slot means you can land and drive around gathering mats or seeing the sites or driving into geysers and launching yourself into almost orbit for fun.
    Yeah, one of the reasons I have an SRV hangar in every ship. If there is an interesting location or if I want to do something else in between, I can just spend some time in my SRV, have some fun and gather materials. I am currently in a system with a good material trader, so I can trade in my findings for mats I would rather like to have instead. This way I have stocked up on FSD boost mats and could do several dozens of +100% range jumps. There is even a 2.8% arsenic planet in that system and the only station in orbit is far enough away from the sun, so that not that many want to go there anyway - what leaves the resources to me, perfect system.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12