Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Power Shutoff Help

  1. #1

    Power Shutoff Help

    Hi, I had an issue suddenly popup and I'm lost what to do.

    I'm messign around at a Nav Point and then everything shutdown saying I have no power. My oxygen is now at 16 minutes.

    I done a reboot but it says no modules repaired. The modules are all active but disabled because there's no power.

    I have no idea what is going on. I can't move, or anything and there's a ton of bounties I need to redeem.

    All I r call, I took out a wanted Eagle, never lost a layer of shields, I turned my head to look outside and then some announcement came up and everything is shutdown, no shields, no weapons, or even ability to rebalance the distribution.

    Let me.know your thoughts what I did and what I may need to do to reactivate everything again.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Originally Posted by Jazzism View Post (Source)
    Hi, I had an issue suddenly popup and I'm lost what to do.

    I'm messign around at a Nav Point and then everything shutdown saying I have no power. My oxygen is now at 16 minutes.

    I done a reboot but it says no modules repaired. The modules are all active but disabled because there's no power.

    I have no idea what is going on. I can't move, or anything and there's a ton of bounties I need to redeem.

    All I r call, I took out a wanted Eagle, never lost a layer of shields, I turned my head to look outside and then some announcement came up and everything is shutdown, no shields, no weapons, or even ability to rebalance the distribution.

    Let me.know your thoughts what I did and what I may need to do to reactivate everything again.

    Thanks.

    What does it say for the integrity for the powerplant, in the right UI panel, under modules?

  3. #3
    Are your weapons still deployed? I'd first try to retract your hardpoints. Next I'd make sure your cargo scoop is disabled.

    Remember that there's a difference between modules being down due to loss of power and being disabled, a hollow square next to the module means it is disabled and will not try to use power. Disable anything you don't need at the moment to get life support back online, then work out what the problem is. Cargo scoop, FSD, fuel scoop, weapons disabled should get you enough power for your life support to come back online.

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by DarkPaladin View Post (Source)
    Are your weapons still deployed? I'd first try to retract your hardpoints. Next I'd make sure your cargo scoop is disabled.

    Remember that there's a difference between modules being down due to loss of power and being disabled, a hollow square next to the module means it is disabled and will not try to use power. Disable anything you don't need at the moment to get life support back online, then work out what the problem is. Cargo scoop, FSD, fuel scoop, weapons disabled should get you enough power for your life support to come back online.

    I second this, reduce power by retracting hardpoints and making sure cargo scoop is retracted. This should regain power to the ship. Upgrade your Power Plant immediately.

  5. #5
    If OP has a ton of bounties, I assume the hardpoints/priorities were working fine before.
    At a Nav Beacon, perhaps it was overheating and has sustained module damage?

    So shutdown extra power consumption, then reboot again?

    Unless somehow OP manually disabled everything?

  6. #6
    Shut off unused items cargo hatch, weapons, cell banks, fuel scoop. If that fixes it. Go to station and upgrade power plant. Reset your priorities and or learn how to shut things off entirely unless your definintly going to be using them poste haste. Shutting off your fuel scoop for example rather than just setting the priorty at 5 allows the power normally utilized for it's readiness to be utilized somewhere else. Kind of throwing a breaker rather than useing the wall switch. Both kill the power, the breaker also kills the switch.

  7. #7
    I always wondered what that fuel gauge was for...

    Even without a screenshot of the OP's cockpit I'd be willing to bet that the Op forgot to keep an eye on it and/or fill up before going out to play...

    Fuel rats anyone?

  8. #8
    no malfunction messages reported, just everything shutting down.... Sounds very much like Micky is correct. OP is outta gas.

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by DaveB View Post (Source)
    no malfunction messages reported, just everything shutting down.... Sounds very much like Micky is correct. OP is outta gas.
    Yup!

  10. #10
    Thanks for the responses.

    Yes it's fuel. I over extended my jumps.

    How do I call for help from fuel rats?

    Thanks.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Jazzism View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the responses.

    Yes it's fuel. I over extended my jumps.

    How do I call for help from fuel rats?

    Thanks.
    Try this

    https://fuelrats.com/i-need-fuel

  12. #12
    That was it. Thanks for helping me everyone!